Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DOL registered person woes

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    IF they dont respond, then why waste time registering, if they dont answer calls, respond to emails, then nobody can report you to them

Like the compensation fund. I sent emails, tried calling them, no response, so I just use the old number and mark pending, its been nearly 8 years, a week ago I got an email informing me that I owe them R260, my first thought was it must be spam.

SARS on the other hand, they seem to be on top of their game at the moment, sent in documentation a week ago, I am already getting final notices... eeeeish.
    With Regards to DOL
    Because when something goes wrong and you need your insurance company to take on a fight/claim that may be laid against you it will not get out of the starting blocks as you would be an illegal contractor

With Workmen's comp
    If you have an accident at work or on the free way and your employee's start having a go at you for compensation it is going to become expensive - Under workmen's comp you are covered

It is the normal thing in this country - There is no policing but when something goes wrong and families/clients/ employee's start going after you legally then it could cost serious money unless you are registered in all the correct places

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    IF they dont respond, then why waste time registering, if they dont answer calls, respond to emails, then nobody can report you to them

Like the compensation fund. I sent emails, tried calling them, no response, so I just use the old number and mark pending, its been nearly 8 years, a week ago I got an email informing me that I owe them R260, my first thought was it must be spam.

SARS on the other hand, they seem to be on top of their game at the moment, sent in documentation a week ago, I am already getting final notices... eeeeish.
    I had the same e-mail 1week after registering with ECB. I had to pay R186 according to compensation fund, I paid it to see if I will get a statement or if it was just another scam.

Thanks
    Good day,

I've been reading this Thread and its got me worried. I sent all the relevant documentation to DOL and sent emails to the guys up there as told to me by TDMI (where I did my unit standards). Todani came back to me and requested a couple of things which I did send to him. I inquired to him a couple of times as to how far he is in the process but he hasn't come back to me for 6 weeks now... Its been almost 8 months since I applied. I also emailed Pieter to ask if Todani is still there or if he can maybe help me, but nothing. Pieter helped a friend of mine very quickly so I was hoping he can do the same for me. I also tried emailing Jacob, Tebogo, Todani and Pieter all at the same time but no response. I was hoping one of you can maybe point to what I can try next? Thank you.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I sent a mass e-mail to every DOL address I could lay my hands on, nearly 50 names hoping to get somebody to respond, I was lucky and the next day the ai of a minister sent me an e-mail with a contact address. The next day I had my papers after 3 months of fighting, phoning, and e-mailing with no response.
    This sucks, I hope things will improve but I have little hope, that it will.

Thanks
    Hi Thys,

Thanks for the reply. I'm happy things worked out for you. Like I said previously, I'm going on 8 months now. If you don't mind, do still have the email of this person you mailed and does he still works there. Also, does anyone know if there are external people we can contact to assist... I'm sure this could be a good business for someone, because I'm willing to pay at this point...Lol!!!

Thanks again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234