Firstly my apologies...the new PV regulations are still a draft and not been released yet ...something to look forward to.

Just to update my opinion...after doing some homework...personally i would issue a COC for the electrical installation and either issue a completely separate COC for the solar installation...or attached a separate document with all the details with regards to the solar installation to your COC ...as it was pointed out to me during a conversation...at the end of the day it is all about creating a safer environment...as long as you have taken the necessary steps as per section 4 of the COC and checked that the components have been correctly selected and installed correctly ...what more can you do.

The reason i would do it like that...The COC allows for a main DB and sub DBS ...it doesnt have provision for a 2 main DB's ...unless there is a later version that i am not aware of...i dont believe the solar system (if like my system...completely separate from the eskom supply) can be regarded as a sub DB.