Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
...and if you gona get all conservation sensitive on me...let talk about cellphones are we gona stop using them because they are harmful to your heath and polluting the enviroment all the batteries from them which are gona need to be disposed of etc etc...motor cars trucks etc etc are a far bigger problem and i dont see anyone driving 4 people to work in the morning or cycling to work...one man/woman one car/4x4...4x4 tyres noise pollution how many women do you see going to the malls...dropping kids off etc in big 4x4 when those tyres are worn where will they be dumped???? i could just go on and on so if you want save the enviriment look at everything we humans do every day to kill the enviroment...we chase the animals out of their enviroment then want to shoot the monkeys because they are pests and steal food out your kitchen... because you cut down the paw paw tree or mango tree and built a house where they got their food from....let me stop here.
Well, the reality is that all of these things need to be proactively addressed, else (like electricity) will turn into a crisis of sorts at some point in the future.

When enough batteries (of all sorts) are dumped and the water is polluted with heavy metals there will be a crisis. When there are too many cars on our roads there will be a crisis. When the municipal dumps start overflowing there will be a crisis (like in Italy). When there is not enough water to supply everyone with clean drinking water there will be a crisis (and the cracks are already starting to show).

The big question to me is why we allow these things to become crises? Many (all?) of these examples are things which the government can regulate, but cannot directly control. If the government brought in regulations about emissions for vehicles, people will complain. If they say you have to separate your garbage or be fined, people complain.

Yes, the government needs to be proactive and to address these issues with regulation and good governance (still to be demonstrated), but we also need to take responsibility for our actions.

When did we stop taking responsibility for the things we do and the consequences they have?