Poll: If Bradley Manning leaked info during the American Revolution, would he have been shot for treason?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Bradley Manning Saga

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I suspect the uncomfortable truth is the world holds the USA to a different standard in these things - certainly when it comes to your comparison case countries, and perhaps even the vast majority of nations around the world.
    They call it "Collateral Casualties" I call it what it is "Murder and Crime against Humanity"
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Peoping in the wind
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Hi Carlos, what are you doing with your spare time?
    LOL. That was a long time ago. I think around a decade ago, maybe more. I had acquaintances from all walks of life, and still now I feel I do not judge people and so would still have many friends and acquaintances who are perhaps not all from the same walks of life. I haven't seen that person in quite a few years though. I feel a bit guilty for not doing so as it happens, but.. well that's another story. The fact that that person grew himself plants for his own use that were and still are not legal, well, that's nothing about me. Each to their own. Pot doesn't agree with me one bit as it happens.

If I misunderstood, and you didn't mean "what were you doing with your spare time to have encountered such a person and situation", well then the answer to your question is:

I'm learning bass guitar. Playing my acoustic guitar - discovered I like Squeeze (playing along to Labelled with Love and Black Coffee in Bed), and getting my BMW 545i project car on the road. I picked up a new auto box for it and I've had both cylinder heads off, fitted new valve stem seals, replaced the leaking coolant transfer pipe, and every other gasket and seal along the way. Still a way to go on it though.

and I've been to the pub once or twice too

I watched "2 Guns" tonight. It was OK.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carl0s View Post
    LOL. That was a long time ago. I think around a decade ago, maybe more. I had acquaintances from all walks of life, and still now I feel I do not judge people and so would still have many friends and acquaintances who are perhaps not all from the same walks of life. I haven't seen that person in quite a few years though. I feel a bit guilty for not doing so as it happens, but.. well that's another story. The fact that that person grew himself plants for his own use that were and still are not legal, well, that's nothing about me. Each to their own. Pot doesn't agree with me one bit as it happens.

If I misunderstood, and you didn't mean "what were you doing with your spare time to have encountered such a person and situation", well then the answer to your question is:

I'm learning bass guitar. Playing my acoustic guitar - discovered I like Squeeze (playing along to Labelled with Love and Black Coffee in Bed), and getting my BMW 545i project car on the road. I picked up a new auto box for it and I've had both cylinder heads off, fitted new valve stem seals, replaced the leaking coolant transfer pipe, and every other gasket and seal along the way. Still a way to go on it though.

and I've been to the pub once or twice too

I watched "2 Guns" tonight. It was OK.
    Good morning Carlos,

Answer me this: As someone abroad, how do you perceive us generally as South Africans taking into consideration our issues and current headlines?
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Hi Carlos, thanks for the reply, ah you know, I was just pulling your leg your post was just so dam funny. I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read what you said
    Quote Originally Posted by carl0s View Post
    I had a friend who was transgender (Paul / Paula). S/he had an attic full of 6-foot skunk weed plants that was discovered by the police. When he turned up to the crown court hearing dressed as a woman I think the subject of the court case was put into a different perspective.
    One lank crazy story, and yes she certainly reduced the severity of the punishment. Misdirection, the prosecution thought about the sex not the drugs. Cunning Paula, should have called herself Lola. I can’t say that I have ever been friends with a transgender person, but I don’t judge people based on their sexuality. If you a good person then you are a good person If you are bad you bad, regardless of all other personal statistics.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

6. Thanks given for this post:

carl0s (01-Oct-13)

Thanks
    I think this song was actually banned in SA back in the day

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678