While browsing one of the security blogs I belong to I saw this article.
This incident happened in Linden, Johannesburg

Last Friday evening I was sitting in my home doing some marking as I am a school teacher when I was alerted by a knock on my front door.On going to answer the door I discovered that it was an A.D.T guard I am using A.D.T as my security and armed response company.
The guard said I had pressed my panic button and he was just coming to check if I was safe.I said that I had not pressed the panic button.His reply was that there was obviously a problem with my alarm and that it would be necessary for him to come and check on it. Trusting A.D.T as my security company I opened the door only to discover that this was a hoax and I was been held up by armed robbers.I was molested an d beaten by them. They not only robbed my home but also tied me up in my bedroom.
I find this a complete mystery as these men knew the code to the key pad at my gate which I had to give to A.D.T so that they can enter my property. Also too nowhere on my property is there an A.D.T. board saying that my property is protected by A.D.T. So only A.D.T knows this information. I find this very mysterious.
I was very traumetised, I spoke to the sector leader of A.D.T. and he said that they would investigate the case but he did not promise me that anything could actually be done for me. I would like to warn other people who have security with A.D.T. that they must be very careful