Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liar Lance Armstrong

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @ msmoorad - define the term "illigal drug" - the definition is problematic because hundreds of substances that are dcommonly available from supermarkets are considered to be "illigal drugs" in sport. I don't like the term drug in this case because most of the substances are consinered to be fairly harmless like caffiene

@mike c
    >>It has always fascinated me how, once a person has become famous (eg won big brother / survivor etc), people hang on their every word as though they are the most profound thinkers.
    Yeah, The reason is that 99% of the human race sees the suit and not the monkey.....

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (23-Jan-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if water can be seen as substance abuse? or air intake can be seen as a performance enhancement? The reality is the body produces natural chemicals to make the activity more survivable.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    This is not the biggest scandal we’ve seen! I was a fan of Lance Armstrong. What is gut-wrenching is that he had a severe cancer that spread to his brain and lungs and he survived this. It seems the drug use started after 1996 after his cancer survival. I’m by no means suggesting that what he did was right but just that we’ve had our own scandals in sports in SA. He doesn’t talk about his weakened condition due to the cancer at the time and the possibility for using these drugs as medically endorsed and prescribed items for his recovery. I’m no doctor, but I think that if you have such advanced cancer, then steroids are a legitimate recovery option...
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    For me it is not so much that he used Performance Enhancing Substances as I suspect most top athletes have, at some stage in their training and career, done that.

What got me was the bald faced lies delivered oh so convincingly at his hearing, and the way he aggresively, and without shame, attacked those who were actually telling the truth.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I agree, Mike. He tried to ruin other people in his arrogant denials.

Apparently a sign was posted in a library in Australia next to Armstrong's books: These books will be moved from non-fiction to fiction shortly.
    Sometimes the only transport available is a leap of faith

Thanks
    I thought he had testicular cancer. I did not know it had spread to his brain and lungs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Didditmiself View Post
    I thought he had testicular cancer. I did not know it had spread to his brain and lungs.
    Good morning Pete,

It actually started off as testicular cancer and then spread to both his lungs and brains! Imagine having cancer of the brain! I clearly recall Lance Armstrong been used as an example to follow when facing a challenge. I recall having experienced a trip or two to hell and back and among other things I was reassured by being told that basically ,' look at what this man Lance armstrong went through and yet prevailed, he didn't give up , have a defeatest attitude or go on a pity party.' I took it like that and reconciled myself to the belief, that what I was really going through was nothing compared to what Lance was going through at that time. This did motivate me!
    It's tragic that he cheated and lied about it for so long, we've had other sports scandals such as Hanse etc. In SA we have a corruption scandal almost daily, so I think that there is a future for Lance, he can actually motivate youngsters not to do steroids etc.
    Last edited by Citizen X; 26-Jan-13 at 01:49 PM.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    If only Zoomer and Uncle Bob could get incuarable cancer that would kill them in 6 months.

I think that somebody should do a thesis as part of a new branch of religious / statistical research - "Why total dumba$$e$ who deserve to get terrible incurable diseases don't..."

They could call it; "Karma is K@k"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    If only Zoomer and Uncle Bob could get incuarable cancer that would kill them in 6 months.

I think that somebody should do a thesis as part of a new branch of religious / statistical research - "Why total dumba$$e$ who deserve to get terrible incurable diseases don't..."

They could call it; "Karma is K@k"
    Mad Bob can't live forever, the gates of death await him just as it awaits us all! Only, in his case, he's already very old...
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Lance Armstrong's use of drugs may mislead innocent young drug users to think that it's cool to ride a bike!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

12. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (28-Jan-13)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.