Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eish...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The difficulty with focus for me is that it is a matter of having to shut down my conscious mind. My brain runs a mile a minute and it is always off on some tangent. Doing stuff is easy, the problem is not thinking about 10000 other things at the same time.

For some focus means concentrating all their energy on one spot, for me it means letting the subconscious mind do the work and shutting the yapping concious mind up...go figure...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I wa a bit slow on that one.
    A very good morning to you Adrian,

It happens to the best of us!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    The difficulty with focus for me is that it is a matter of having to shut down my conscious mind. My brain runs a mile a minute and it is always off on some tangent. Doing stuff is easy, the problem is not thinking about 10000 other things at the same time.

For some focus means concentrating all their energy on one spot, for me it means letting the subconscious mind do the work and shutting the yapping concious mind up...go figure...
    I think this ability you have is more of a strenght than a weakness! You merely exercising your brain...
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I don't know about that, the purpose of meditation is just that, to shut the damn thing up....

Thanks

This works for me

I found that working at night can be very productive, no interruptions, no calls, no clients...
    ...just... serenity. I usually stay up late and work.

When I used to study for exams I would cover my walls with A4 paper. Each A4 and area in the room/house is a designated area for a subject, idea, work to do........etc........
    This worked very well for me

I do this in my office, but not to the same extent as above, but I always have something or the other suspended in view.
    From the wall to a file when completed/resolved, and brought out if needed again.
    It is a simple strategy that really works for ideas, planning, +++. If I have a random idea I can put it up on the wall and add if needed (Pen out pocket). Because it’s on the wall you can’t miss it, so it generates more content for the idea.

It assists with focus because it compartmentalises
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12