Hi all,

I have a problem with the SARS Easyfiling software that I have tried recently installing. We used to run it on a PC with Windows XP Pro and had no hassles at all. But after we upgraded to a new PC with Windows 7 64 bit the easyfiling software refuses to work. This is the steps as I had followed:
1) Downloaded the software from the SARS Website and begun installing
2) During the course of installation it says that I require the Java software for the software to work
properly, so I click yes and it begins downloading and installing Java which is the latest version available.
3) Then it stated that the Adobe Air software needs to be upgraded so obviously agreed and allowed it to
upgrade adobe air.
4) Once the Easyfilng software is done installing, the login window pops up so I select restore Db and allow it to restore the DB that I had backed from the XP pro PC. Once that is done I enter the user name and password, click on login, then it tells me that there are no updates available, I click ok select the Db, then it tells me that the Db has been changed to XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I click ok after which it says processing then opening DB and then the easyfile splash screen greys out and the software hangs. I cannot click on anything within the easyfile screen . I can minimize the program and continue with everything else. If I leave it open it eventually tells me that the program was disconnected due to inactivity which is weird because it appears to hang. Can somebody please help. I have tried this on two other Windows 7 PC's within our offices with the same result. I have spoken to Technical support but they dont have a clue!!!!
They claim that there is some thing wrong with the PC but how can there be the same problem with all three brand new PC's. I have gone to the extent of uninstalling the antivirus and disabling the firewall and starting from scratch but still the darn thing refuses to work. So I dont know if I am doing something wrong or if the all three PC's have a problem . Somebody please help!!!

Thanks in advance