Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New Economic Rights Alliance???The Big Case?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dcs View Post
    Hi Dave,

I hope you didn't destroy the post!
    I'm afraid I did - and I'll not be trying to rebuild that line of thought either, in no small part because it is to a large extent irrelevant to resolving the actual challenges this thread poses.

I would so like to get back to the place I was a few years ago: Everything was fine, The financial world made some sort of sense and I could trust big businesses like banks and insurance companies. My current state is that big business is driven by greed and they will stop at nothing to get the extra buck. They have vested interests and will keep those paramount even if it means destroying society as we know it. I think we are all kept in check by this and despite having freedom and the vote and so forth the reality is that we are living in a modern (financial) version of feudalism controlled by big business - not only banks.
    I'm delighted you've got to the point where you don't blindly trust them. The next step is making sure you understand them. When you grasp the rationale (and believe me, there is always solid rationale behind what they do), you stand a much better chance of making progress for yourself.

The commercial banks have increased the debt burden of people hugely since the second half of the twentieth century by encouraging moves to credit cards and loans. These days it is the norm for a person to be paying a significant proportion of their earnings in interest, way more than in the sixties to eighties.
    Did the banks do that, or did people bring it upon themselves? Bear in mind the National Credit Act was intended not only to reduce over-indebtedness, but to also increase access to credit. And the NCA is one of the pieces of legislation where in retrospect, I think "the ordinary people of SA" genuinely got what they wanted.

My personal view is most people don't use debt correctly. (Probably deserves a thread all on it's own, actually).

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    When you know the wind will blow against you, change the sail!
    Absolutely
    (Even if we probably have different changes to that sail in mind, I absolutely agree with the principle )

Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I am still waiting on an answer to my question; What do you suggest as an alternative to the existing banking system?
    I believe this, more than anything else, is why the effort is doomed from the outset - the lack of a genuinely viable alternative proposal.

Even if NerERA wins a single line in the skirmish, the consequences of a change to the status quo are going to determine the path forward far more than the fault found. And I'm not talking about just the consequences to the big corporates and the big cheeses - I mean the consequences for all of society - quite literally civilisation as we know it.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Frankincense (27-Mar-13)

Thanks
    The following article made it to Polity.co.za:

"Justus" is a Circus

"Imagine you discover that an Unconstitutional fraud is being perpetuated on the people of South Africa by the banks. You spend over a year collecting evidence and research with specific reference to South African economics and South African law. You create a non-profit organisation, elicit the support of 150,000 people and lay it before the High Court as best you can.

This is the story of The New Economic Rights Alliance, aka: NewERA."

Link : http://www.polity.org.za/article/new...013-2013-04-11

Thanks
    Scotty interviews Raymond Dicks who was in the court on the 9th of April.

http://downloads.newera.org.za/TheNews/

Download Episode 5.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And their main argument? NewERA makes no sense
    Given the result, I guess that part of their argument prevailed then.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'm not a big fan of the banks, but from the outset it looked like NewEra did not even make sense to NewEra. Was the objective just to have their bond debt scrapped? Then that is what they should have asked for, not some far fetched idea or argument that makes no sense to anyone.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker42 View Post
    The following article made it to Polity.co.za:

"Justus" is a Circus

"Imagine you discover that an Unconstitutional fraud is being perpetuated on the people of South Africa by the banks. You spend over a year collecting evidence and research with specific reference to South African economics and South African law. You create a non-profit organisation, elicit the support of 150,000 people and lay it before the High Court as best you can.

This is the story of The New Economic Rights Alliance, aka: NewERA."

Link : http://www.polity.org.za/article/new...013-2013-04-11
    A very good evening to you Skywalker,

Are you a member of Newera? What is your affiliation with Newera? Nothing wrong if you are affiliated with them! Please indulge me by answering the question please?
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Skywalker has shown an interest in a range of topics so far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    A very good evening to you Skywalker,

Are you a member of Newera? What is your affiliation with Newera? Nothing wrong if you are affiliated with them! Please indulge me by answering the question please?
    I am not a 'paying member' of NewERA. I subscribed to receive their news via email. I suppose that makes me one of their 150 000 'supporters'. I do support their views and efforts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Skywalker has shown an interest in a strange range of topics so far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post

<snip>

I believe this, more than anything else, is why the effort is doomed from the outset - the lack of a genuinely viable alternative proposal.

Even if NerERA wins a single line in the skirmish, the consequences of a change to the status quo are going to determine the path forward far more than the fault found. And I'm not talking about just the consequences to the big corporates and the big cheeses - I mean the consequences for all of society - quite literally civilisation as we know it.
    This is why it is called the Big Case. It is like Ron Paul asking to audit the privately owned Federal Reserve, which has not happened yet and is probably not going to happen. The consequences will be too devastating to the system.

What NewERA is asking is also to audit the FED (SARB) and they are actually getting a step further than Ron Paul has.

The alternative. A State owned central bank.

Just like
    Afghanistan (used to have)
    Iraq (used to have)
    Libya (used to have)
    North Korea
    Iran.

Spot the pattern...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast