Thread: Wondering How bad it is in South Africa

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

Wondering How bad it is in South Africa

I basically read this article and felt a lot of pity.
    http://frontpagemag.com/2012/daniel-greenfield/white-genocide-in-south-africa/

Bare in mind this is a guy from New York and from some foundation so I kinda believe him not to be that biased.
    White Genocide in South Africa

Posted by Daniel Greenfield Bio ↓ on Aug 28th, 2012 Comments ↓

Like Mugabe, white farmers and business owners are Zuma’s enemies. There is a new Apartheid now in South Africa; it is an apartheid where the oppressor and the oppressed have switched places and the bloodshed is constant. The country’s white Boers have been disarmed, purged from the economy and systematically murdered.

3,000 white farmers have been murdered in South Africa at four times the rate of rural black South Africans. These attacks have not been random, but part of an organized effort conducted by hit squads against the most vulnerable targets. At the same time there has been a significant increase in police shootings of unarmed white South Africans. “Today we are going to arrest a Boer,” has become a common chant among African officers of the South African Police Service. And the Boers often don’t survive the arrest.
    Then I searched vice magazine and saw this: http://www.vice.com/read/kommandokorps and kinda well dutch and german to me sound similar. Some of the pity went away.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/03/26/us-safrica-whites-idUSTRE62P0UJ20100326

Still felt bad because of this old article though lots of pictures and statistics that made me feel bad. It does seem a bit like a camp atmosphere though.
    This shift in racial hiring practices coupled with the fallout from the global financial crisis means many poor white South Africans have fallen on hard times.

At least 450,000 white South Africans, 10 percent of the total white population, live below the poverty line and 100,000 are struggling just to survive, according to civil organizations and largely white trade union Solidarity.

South Africa's population is about 50 million.

Many poor whites have ended up in places like Coronation Park, in Krugersdorp west of Johannesburg, a leafy former caravan site beside a water reservoir and a public picnic park frequented by middle-class families at weekends.

Ringed by yellow-brown hills of earth dug up by generations of gold miners, the park was used by the British as a concentration camp for Afrikaners during the Anglo-Boer war at the start of the 20th century.

Now it's home to some 400 white squatters living in cramped tents and caravans and sharing a single ablution block. Cats and dogs roam noisily through the camp, dodging heaps of rubbish, piles of scrap metal and abandoned car parts.
    Trade union Solidarity says there are around 430,000 whites who live in squatter camps. Around the capital Pretoria alone there are 80 squatter settlements. There are over 2,000 much larger black squatter camps across South Africa.

Formerly comfortable Afrikaners recently forced to live on the fringes of society see themselves as victims of "reverse-apartheid" that they say puts them at an even greater disadvantage than the millions of poor black South Africans.

"Blacks get more than whites at the moment. They're being pulled forward against us. That's why all of us are here. It's very unfair because they told us it was going to be equal, but it's not equal," said Boshoff.

This feeling of victimization and abandonment by the state has forged at the camp a collective sense of fatalism, isolation and firm reliance on their Calvinist religion. Each of the camp's ramshackle huts and tents is adorned with religious paraphernalia and an Afrikaans language bible.
    The pictures are really sad.
    I know poverty is bad everywhere on the globe but wandering a bit if the first article is true or not really, or not yet.

http://www.finbarr-oreilly.com/gallery/white-poverty/

Anyways its bad everywhere I assume.

Would any of these people go to another poor country? like Russia say the Far East(primorsky krai or khabarovsky krai) and work on farms or farm there? assuming they were farmers before and are somewhat skilled. Assuming they were allowed to go and whatnot. I don't think they would adapt not just to cold but corruption and whatnot but you never know would be interesting.

found a video of some moving to Georgia.
    Last edited by cyppok; 16-Sep-12 at 11:37 AM. Reason: found a video of some moving to Georgia