Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruitment Agencies

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I really don’t want to be negative all the time. Kevinb knows the other side of the coin better than I do. He knows the benefits and understands how his side of the world works. But on the other side of the coin we have become slaves. Our opportunities are being stripped away because of standards and rules regulations and the like. On this side of the coin there is no point to life any more.

Systems like these acts as wall against "proofing yourself" There are no more open doors… Only death by drugs, suicide and murder. Things will not get better as this wall becomes ever bigger. So in that regard it is the end there is just nothing left.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    tec I am surprised you are asking a question like this, being as intelligent as you are. In todays world where the laws have made it very difficult to fire someone etc etc etc ........ companies now make sure that when they hire they get the right person therefore they go thro recruitment agencies where they can check credentials, itc, crim checks, qualifications international and local etc etc ..... I am sure I do not have to go on for you - you do understand dont you ?

Suspended
    Thanks
    On this side of the coin there is no point to life any more.

Systems like these acts as wall against "proofing yourself" There are no more open doors… Only death by drugs, suicide and murder. Things will not get better as this wall becomes ever bigger. So in that regard it is the end there is just nothing left.
    Ummmmm a person has to stand up for themselves and make sure that the above does not happen ............ its not the Recruitment agency's fault - it is the individuals fault if he does not want to make a go of life !!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Again I am pointing out the fact that everything needs to be 100% all the time. No human is perfect but the requirements for perfection is so high… Case and point someone has a criminal record for something stupid that happened a lifetime ago that person's life is now over regardless of how they improved.

If you are with the wrong educator let's say you trained with company A but they wanted company B then that person lost their investment in company A and the training is worth zero… Again there life is over because there is no money to rectify the mistake as you know training is expensive.

In the end it only takes 1 mistake and it is game over… I don’t think it is right but it is the reality of the situation.

It is not about giving up or giving life ago anymore… It is about access to a life….

That access is so restricted that the possibility no longer exists for many South Africans.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Unfortunately tec that is the choices we make in life ...... yes a crim record is there for life and in fact a charge against your name is also there for life ..... not sure if you knew that ? But on the flip side it is not all gloom ....... obviously a company is not going to hire you doing accounts if you committed fraud in your life, but I have found that smaller lesser things that happened a while ago, companies are now willing to forgive and forget if it happened say 10 years ago and you have kept your record clean since then.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    yes a crim record is there for life and in fact a charge against your name is also there for life
    I seem to recall a court order that related to that issue not so long ago. Someone had been charged, the charges were dropped, and yet the charge still appeared on the persons criminal record some two years later. The court ordered that the record was to be removed. It made news when the Minister (and I forget which Minister exactly) was likely to be charged with contempt of court as the relevant department was really dragging their feet about executing the court order.

I remember thinking at the time - "Just charge the Minister - let's see how long that charge sits on the record "

7. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (11-May-12)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yes it sits on your record until you go to court and apply to have it removed.

Thanks
    What really bothers me with recruitment agencies (majority of them, I might add), is the fact that the "consultant" that is supposed to evaluate the candidates qualifications and, especially experience, has got no clue what the profession is all about. I have seen job specifications where the requirements does not make any sense at all for the position advertised. I am aware that the client usually, or is supposed to, give the required specification to the agency for the position. Even then, they seem to stuff it up. I have seen some weird things happening and unfortunately the candidate pulls the short string. Some of the best candidates for a certain position does not even make the interview stage.

I am also aware that certain agencies create fictitious positions in order to rake in CV's for anything that might "pop-up", so that they can beat their competitors to the line, especially during these turbulent times. Is there no regulating authority for this, as with most other professions?

There is also some real professionals out there, but they seem to be in the minority. Or am I completely of the ball here?

10. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (12-May-12)

Thanks
    well even if u are 100% accurate, i dont think anyone here is going to say:
    "well, what to do, things are tough"

they will try to downplay the negatives because its how they earn their money
    even if most people feel that they are making an unethical/dishonest living etc
    they will come up with creative excuses to justify their actions
    A “conspiracy theory” no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation and that of its media pimps.

12. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (14-May-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    My wife has a recruitment agency and I know that she runs it strictly by the book
    Kevin, it's good to know that your wife runs a recruitment agency! You our inside man, as it were!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast