Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Debt: How to claim prescription in practice and how to enter a special plea

Thanks
    Post 10
    8.3 Debt review and extinctive prescription
    Qualitative research in the form of preparing, signing , serving an extinctive prescription claim on a creditor and arguing disputes around extinctive prescription will inevitably reveal difference in opinion and poorly formulated opinion. It does not necessarily mean that corporate retail apparel providers have a thorough understanding of extinctive prescription.
    Miss E, had a clothing account with a major retailer. She entered debt review process in early 2006, never seen the process through to completion, never allowed the debt counsellor to make any payment on her behalf and paid the debt counsellor nothing. The last payment made to the creditor was on or about August 2005. The debt became eligible for extinctive prescription on or about August 2008. Payment demands were made on or about April 2012.
    In early August 2012, I claimed extinctive prescription on her behalf from the creditor. This is the official response I received from the head of the legal department of that major retailer.

“Dear Mr Naick,

I wish to confirm with you whether your client advised you that this account was stagnant, and therefore moved into the prescribed time environment, due to the fact that it had been held over as a Debt Review account?

In terms of the NCA an account that is under Debt Review may not be collected or acted upon by the credit grantor.

I naturally had an immediate rebuttal. I responded as follows:-
    “Dear Madam

1. I refer to the above matter

2. I deem it necessary to respond as follows:
    2.1 The written power of attorney authorises us to argue disputes surrounding the extinctive prescription claim
    2.2 It’s common cause that the NCA has impacted the Magistrates Court and creditors;
    2.3 Judicial process: Only judicial process by way of suing out summons can interrupt prescription. A debt counsellor is meant to pay the creditor all be it in small payments. It cannot be said that Judicial process has interrupted prescription in this individual case;
    2.4 We submit that the prescription period should be calculated when the debt counsellor made the last payment to ……, i.e. when was this last payment made
    2.5 We further submit that section 86(10) of the NCA requires you to provide notice of termination of debt review especially when payments were not been received. It reads as follows:-(10) If a consumer is in default under a credit agreement that is being reviewed in terms of this section, the credit provider in respect of that credit agreement may give notice to terminate the review in the prescribed manner to(a) the consumer;(b) the debt counsellor; and (c) the National Credit Regulator, at any time at least 60 business days after the date on which the consumer applied for the debt review.”
    2.6 I submit that the rationale of point 2.5 is to prevent a situation such as the one we are currently in!
    2.7 I therefore submit that the fact of Miss E, having once been under debt review does not preclude her from claiming extinctive prescription from …….; In your summons you could have indicated that the time periods in terms of section 130 NCA has lapsed!
    2.8 The central idea of extinctive prescription is that a creditor should sue out summons at the earliest opportunity, in my opinion, this earliest opportunity is ideally within 3 months of the debtor not paying, the further brain child of extinctive prescription is that it’s there to promote certainty, finality and closure. It’s unfair for a debtor to have the possibility of summons hanging over his/her head for the rest of their lives.
    2.9 I therefore submit that despite the fact of debt review, Miss Fraser’s extinctive prescription claim should be processed. We further submit that Miss Fraser was listed on ITC; the listing was automatically expunged after its lawful listing period. This was sufficient punishment for the lack of a better phrase.
    Kindly revert”
    My position can be reconciled with the always as I always look to the Supreme Court of Appeals for guidance in formulation of legal opinion.

In Sally Ann Collett v First Rand Bank Limited & Another. 766/2010.SCA; the court provided, that when the time period stipulated in section 86(10), the creditor may give notice to terminate the debt review process. This time limit is 60 days of continued default i.e. no payments received

The response to my submission was actually one that I had anticipated! It was as follows:-

“Dear Mr Naick

Kindly accept the attached e-mails, on which I had confirmed the account to have been moved into a prescribed status on our system, as the full and final communication confirming that it has indeed been prescribed. There is no further intention of performing collections activities on this account and it is permanently closed.

At the very bottom of the e-mail audit trail is the …… disclaimer, identifying the source of the e-mail.”[1]

According to Loubser(1996:127), legally effective service of process on the debtor is required for interruption of prescription: Mere issue of such process out of court is not sufficient. The service of process on the debtor must furthermore commence proceedings against the debtor in a legally effective manner.

[1] Should SALRC require these actual emails to prove integrity of research, they will gladly be made available!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Post 11
    9. A parallel between public law and private law
    At the outset I submit that there is no valid comparison between public law and private law. I will however draw a parallel and demonstrate that the private law relationship is not always equal alternatively on equal grounds.

Public law is concerned with the exercise of authority by the government and deals with relationships where one of the parties is always the state as bearer of state authority. The public-law relationship is a vertical relationship, and therefore a relationship between someone in authority the subordinate (lower-ranking) individual whereas Private law is concerned with relationships between individuals who are on an equal footing.[1]
    Corporate South Africa in the form of Banks, financial Institutions and Major retailers that offer goods and/or services on credit are not on equal footing with a potential debtor. If one assesses all these organisations Income Statements and Balance Sheets, one will have to conclude that the vast majority of them are in a sound financial position. Their profitability is on a constant year by year increase. The potential debtor however has a future which is less certain as he/she may be in sound financial position today by virtue of income from a good job. This current positive state of affairs need not necessarily be a permanent one. A debtor may lose his/her job or become ill to a point where he/she can no longer work. When the creditor/debtor relationship commences, it’s on the terms and conditions of the creditor and not the debtor. The debtor doesn’t have the real opportunity of bringing his own terms and conditions along with him when he signs the contract for a personal loan. The debtor doesn’t even get an opportunity to raise concerns about a creditor’s terms and conditions. In fact if the debtor doesn’t accept the creditor’s terms and conditions by signing the contract, he/she will not even be considered for finance. Many debtors don’t even read the terms and conditions of the creditor before signing. In many cases they consent to the jurisdiction of a court which is not even in his/her Province. The creditor has resources to engage in litigation whereas many debtors are unemployed as at the time summons is sued out against them. If ones weigh things on this basis, then one would have to conclude that creditors should be compelled to sue out summons within 3 years of the date of the debt becoming due failing which a debtor becomes eligible for extinctive prescription. When a debtor claims extinctive prescription from the creditor, the creditor should process such extinctive prescription claim and finalize abandoning their claim in writing on a signed letterhead.
    According to SALRC(2011:11) Creditors (claimants) and debtors (defendants) have competing interests. It is unfair that a debtor should be subject to an indefinite threat of being sued. It is in the interest of creditors to have as long as possible to institute a claim.
    In principle this is exactly right, that being said, a creditor has far more resources in terms of financial and human resources and established infrastructure to collect a debt by lawful demand before a debt becomes eligible for extinctive prescription or to sue out summons.
    Quantitative research clearly demonstrated 90% of the respondents were unemployed when they were contacted and further that 96% were contacted regarding a debt in which more than four years had elapsed from the date of that debt becoming due.

[1] Administrative Law study Guide. Muckleneuk, Pretoria.UNISA.2008. Page 25(taken verbatim)
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Post 12
    10. Professional Ethics and an attorney providing a debt collector function

Mr B lost his job in late 2007. He did not default on payment to his creditors for dishonest, malicious or culpable reasons(The full and further particulars of Mr B have been made available to the SALRC). He defaulted on payment because he no longer had the means to pay his account. He stops paying all his accounts in early 2008. Despite consistent telephonic and written demands for payments from these creditors and/or their attorneys he made no payment whatsoever and never acknowledged debt in writing or tacitly. In fact, he requested my assistance, for claiming extinctive prescription, such assistance subsequently was provided to him and extinctive prescription was successfully claimed for five accounts. In early April 2011, however, a debt collector or attorney contacted Mr B and threatened him with warrant of arrest should he not make payment. This person identified himself as an attorney and said, ‘If you don’t make a payment of a Hundred Rand (R100), a warrant of arrest will be issued and you will be arrested at your place of work in front of your employer and colleagues or at your home in front of your family.’ Mr B is a layperson to the law. He believed the representation which turned out to be a misrepresentation and made a payment of a Hundred Rand (R100) at the end of May 2011. He continued to believe this misrepresentation until March 2012 when he happened upon my internet posts on extinctive prescription. This debt was eligible for an extinctive prescription claim in early 2011. Section 10(3) of the 1969 Act provides that notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (1) and (2), payment by the debtor of a debt after it has been extinguished by prescription in terms of either of the said subsections, shall be regarded as payment of a debt. In the quantitative research I’ve conducted 1745 respondents out 3086(56%) answered ‘Yes,’ to the question: ‘I have been threatened with ‘warrant of arrest,’ unless I make payment.’ (Refer to page for complete findings and analysis) This is a textbook example of unethical behaviour by a legal practitioner. Mr B effectively altered his own legal position to his detriment by acting on the strength of a representation which is a misrepresentation. The legal question is should section 10(3) of the Act be disregarded under these circumstances? I submit that it should indeed be disregarded and his extinctive prescription claim should be processed as if no payments had been made. In this instance I submit that Mr B should escalate the matter to the Banking Ombudsman and do two things1: raising alternatively pleading estoppel short of going to court 2: Claiming extinctive prescription despite section 10(3).

10.1 Estoppel
    Estoppel is a doctrine which operates in the following circumstance: where one person(call center agent calling under the auspices of an attorney) represents to another person(Mr B) that a certain set of facts exist(if you don’t pay you will be arrested) and the other person(Mr B) alters his legal position to his detriment on the strength of the representation(The debt was prescribed or near to prescription, Mr B altered his legal position to her detriment by making a payment on 26 May 2011, the person making the representation is precluded alternatively estopped from asserting that a different set of facts actually exist. Mr B pleads estoppel against the agent who represented himself to be an attorney and threatened Mr B to make a payment on an account that he knew was prescribed with the threat of warrant of arrest. Mr B acted on the strength of a representation which was a misrepresentation. He feared being arrested at his place of work and made a payment on an account that he knew was prescribed to prevent himself from being arrested. He made the payment under duress and threat. It was always Mr B’s intention to claim extinctive prescription which he done telephonically, A threat of arrest which is a misrepresentation caused him to alter his legal position to her detriment. Mr B should be placed in the position he would have been in had no misrepresentation been made; the position that he would have been in had no misrepresentation would be that the debt would be prescribed and his extinctive prescription claim should be considered as if no payment was made on 26 May 2011 and as such Mr B’s extinctive prescription claim should be processed without further delay.[1]

[1] Confer Unjustified Enrichment, Liability and Estoppel Study Guide 2.(2011). Muckleneuk, Pretoria.UNISA. Page 4
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Post 13

10.2 Law and a crisis of an ethical natureLaw is an honourable profession that dates back centuries. Law practitioners should conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful of the law. Honesty, integrity, credibility and high moral and ethical standards are key attributes for a legal practitioner. I accept the following assumptions[1]:

(1) The legal profession is in a crisis and this crisis is of an ethical nature.

(2) The crisis in the legal profession cannot be addressed successfully by expecting lawyers to follow the rules of an ethical code or by teaching prospective legal
    practitioners the rules of professional conduct.
    Indeed, the traditional, legalistic pre-occupation with rules may, ironically enough, be one of the factors contributing to the crisis in the legal profession.
    (3) The crisis in the legal profession can be addressed only if:
    (i) a more philosophical and critical approach to the ethics and ethical conduct of legal practitioners is followed, as was traditionally the case;
    (ii) the professional nature of the legal profession is again critically scrutinized and reconstructed; and
    (iii) a virtue-oriented approach is followed.[2]

[1] Vide Professional Ethics Study Guide(2012) Muckleneuk, Pretoria.UNISA. Page vi(taken verbatim)

[2] Vide Professional Ethics Study Guide(2012) Muckleneuk, Pretoria.UNISA. Page vi(taken verbatim)
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Post 14

11. Choice of research frameworkI opted to use an integrated approach, i.e., both quantitative and qualitative research. Quantitative research in the form of a questionnaire and qualitative research in the form of the actual extinctive prescription claims of four subjects was used for this study.
    11.1 Research Design and Methods
    A researcher’s task actually begins before the actual research itself is carried out. It starts with a problem statement. I had six such problem statements. Research design is the master plan that the researcher has formulated in order to lend credibility to his/her problem statements. A research design is a researcher’s compass as it will direct the planning, organising and actual implementation of the entire research process. All research has some value, once a researcher has properly formulated assumptions; it is these assumptions that will guide all thinking and activities involved in the research process.[1] Gilmore S (2011:1) states that research in law requires one to use a great many information sources.
    Prof Denscombe (2002:25) articulates research objectives must be clear and concise. Research objectives can only meet these requirements if they are realistic, attainable and measurable.[2]
    According to van der Walt and Nienaber(2007:238), Quantitative studies in human sciences usually emulate the methods of the natural sciences by using, among others, questionnaires, surveys and statistics. Such studies are cross-disciplinary both in terms of the methods used and the sources from which data are obtained. Qualitative studies depend on structured and unstructured group and individual interviews and on observation studies. Such a study is cross-disciplinary because the student should have a sound grounding in linguistics and knowledge of all the languages and qualitative research methods concerned.
    According to Kok et al(2008:42) research does not only entail the location and analysis of material, but also the presentation of research results in a relevant format that professes academic integrity.

When one conducts a litmus test of a present situation, this can be seen as a descriptive type of research. When one employs this technique the objective is simply reporting on a situation as it current exists.[3]

It is against this framework that I embarked on both quantitative and qualitative research with the objective of presenting my finding in a manner that professes academic integrity.[4]
    11.2 Quantitative research
    A questionnaire which is essentially a survey research technique, was utilised to gain an understanding into the perceptions of respondents regarding debt, debt collecting and extinctive prescription(Kerlinger 1988: 377). Respondents were solicited from the internet on a popular South African business and information forum: The Forum SA(TFSA remains the internet site where I solicited the vast majority of my respondents; 3086 processed; 2598 unprocessed). The brainchild was that there were no actual costs, only individuals affected by debt would visit that particular thread. My actual target audience was reached in a very scientific manner in that respondents who had no interest alternatively immediate information need would not have visited that thread and would also not have heeded the call to request the questionnaire via email, complete the questionnaire, save it and return the finished product via electronic mail.
    Three Thousand and eighty six respondents (3086) respondents heeded my call to take part in a questionnaire. I solicited them at : http://www.theforumsa.co.za/blogs/entry.php/35-Debt-How-to-claim-prescription-in-practice-and-how-to-enter-a-special-plea; http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/showthread.php/10369-Debt-Legally-cancelling-a-debt-over-3-years-old; http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/showthread.php/11094-Summons-what-you-need-to-do? & http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/showthread.php/11428-Summons-notice-of-intention-to-defend-and-plea-in-practice?highlight=

[1] Confer Botes A.The Operationalisation of a Research Model in Qualitative Methodology. 1995. Page 6

[2] Vide Denscombe M. Ground research for Good Research: A 10 Point Guide for Social Researchers. Open University Press. 2002. Page 25(my interpretation)

[3] Confer Creswell J W. Research design: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. 1994

[4] Confer Kok et al. Skills workbook for law students. Juta & Co. ltd. Cape Town. 2008. Page 42.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    11.3 Post Mortem Questionnaire
    The results and analysis are includes in one table for ease of reference. In the results section, where findings alternatively conclusions were forged they were given reference under the heading ‘conclusions.’ The following are the results, analysis and conclusions of such quantitative research.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Post Mortem Questionnaire
    Three Thousand and eighty six(3086) people responded
    Number of respondent’s example 1. Yes 2800 Respondents 91 % of a total of 3086; No 286 respondents 9 % of a total of 3086 respondents
    Question/Statement
    Question/Statement type Results
    1. I have more than one debt

Yes. No.
    Single select Yes/No Yes 2800 91 % No 286 9%
    2. How did you find out about extinctive prescription?

a. Internet

b. Attorney/Legal advisor

c. Other

Single select Multiple Choice Internet 2653 86%
    Attorney/Legal advisor 167 5%
    Other 266 9%

Conclusion: Most South Africans are unaware of extinctive prescription

3. Are you employed?

Yes. No.
    Single select Yes/No Yes 2041 66% No 1045 34%
    4. This debt is more than 3 years old(No payment was made on my account for 3 years from the date of the last payment)

Yes. No. NA
    Single select Yes/No/NA Yes 2 936 95% No 150 5%
    Conclusion: Creditors do pursue old debts in the hope that debtors will be ignorant of extinctive prescription and make a payment or acknowledge debt
    5. This debt is more than 4 years old(No payment was made on my account for 3 years from the date of the last payment)

Yes. No. NA
    Single select Yes/No/NA Yes 2936 95% No 150 5%
    Conclusion: Creditors do pursue old debts in the hope that debtors will be ignorant of extinctive prescription and make a payment or acknowledge debt
    6. This debt is very old(No payment was made on my account for many years: Between 5 years and 10 years)

Yes. No. NA
    Single select Yes/No/NA Yes 2356 76% No 580 19% NA 150 5%
    7. What was your reason for not paying your account

a. Unemployed b. Retrenched c. Other

Single select Multiple Choice a. Unemployed 1762 57%
    b. Retrenched 754 24%
    c. Other 570 19%

8. Have you received a letter from the creditor demanding money?

Yes. No. NA
    Single select Yes/No/NA Yes 653 21% No 1860 NA 573 18%
    9. Have you received a summons?

Yes. No. NA.
    Single select Yes/No/NA Yes 212 7% No 2874 93% NA 0
    10. I am aware that where that I have a defence that I can use in court in the following circumstance: The amount claimed is for a personal loan. An uninterrupted period of 3 years has passed by from the date of the last payment. In this period, I have made no payments, I have not acknowledged debt in writing or telephonically and I have not been overseas during this 3 year period.
    1.Strongly disagree 2. Agree 3. Disagree 4. Strongly agree

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree :2567 83%
    2. Agree : 58 2%
    3. Disagree : 73 2%
    4. Strongly agree : 388
    Conclusion: Most South Africans are unaware that despite the fact of summons on a prescribed debt, they can successfully raise a special plea of extinctive prescription in court
    11. I am aware that a judgement debt is listed on credit bureaus for 5 years before it is automatically expunged

Yes. No.

Single select Yes/No Yes 1380 45 % No 1706 55%
    Question/Statement
    12. I am aware that a default listing remains on ITC for 2 years before it is automatically expunged

Yes. No.

Single select Yes/No Yes 2800 91 % No 286 9%
    13. I am aware that a poor payment profile reflects on ITC for 5 years

Yes. No.
    Single select Yes/No Yes 2800 91% No 286 9%
    14. I have been contacted by the creditor/debt collector or attorney who demanded payment for an account or debt that is more than 4 years old(This account was not paid at all for a period of 4 years and in these 4 years I have not been contacted at all until fairly recently)
    Yes. No.

Single select Yes/No Yes 2976 96% No 110 4%
    15. I have been threatened with ‘warrant of execution,’ unless I make payment

Yes. No.
    Single select Yes/No Yes 435 14% No 2651 86%
    16. I have been threatened with ‘warrant of arrest,’ unless I make payment

Yes. No.
    Single select Yes/No Yes 1745 56% No 1341 44 %
    Conclusion: Certain Creditors do use unethical means to cause prescription to run afresh

17. I understand the difference between a warrant of arrest and a warrant of execution

Yes. No.

Single select Yes/No Yes 348 11% No 2738 89%
    Conclusion: Many South Africans believe everything the debt collector tells them
    18. I am unemployed and informed the individual demanding payment of this. The individual demanding payment asked me to complete and affidavit and send it to them either by post, email or fax

Yes. No.
    Single select Yes/No Yes 1603 52% No 1483 48%
    Conclusion: Many Debtors act to their own prejudice by causing prescription to run a-fresh from the date of acknowledgement of debt
    19. I am unemployed and informed the individual demanding payment of this. The individual demanding payment asked if anyone in my family could help me make small monthly payments

Yes. No.

Single select Yes/No Yes 2763 90% No 323 10%
    Conclusion: Many Debtors act to their own prejudice by causing prescription to run a-fresh from the date of acknowledgement of debt
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    19. I am unemployed and informed the individual demanding payment of this. The individual demanding payment asked if anyone in my family could help me make small monthly payments

Yes. No.
    20. I am unemployed and informed the individual demanding payment of this. The individual demanding payment asked if I could manage to pay any amount of money between R10 – R150 per month

Yes. No.

Question/Statement
    21. After the fact of making arrangements to pay, even a small amount, acknowledging debt in writing or having an affidavit commissioned and sent to the creditor/attorney or debt collector, I now realise that I have changed my legal position to my own prejudice by causing prescription to run afresh from the date that I made the payment, the date I sent the affidavit to the creditor or the date that acknowledged debt

Strongly disagree 2. Agree 3. Disagree 4. Strongly agree
    Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree :120 45%
    2. Agree :437 14%
    3. Disagree :231 7%
    4. Strongly agree :788 25%
    Conclusion: After making payment or acknowledging debt debtors made a concerted effort via the internet to find out about their rights
    22. I feel robbed now that I’m aware that had it not been for my payment or acknowledgement of debt, I could have claimed extinctive prescription and the debt would have been completely written off

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree : 73 2%
    2. Agree :
    3. Disagree :
    4. Strongly agree :3013 98%
    Conclusion: After making payment or acknowledging debt debtors made a concerted effort via the internet to find out about their rights

23. The creditor/debt collector or attorney used unethical means and methods to get me to make a payment or acknowledge debt

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree :120 5%
    2. Agree :1065 34%
    3. Disagree :231 7%
    4. Strongly agree :1670 54%
    Conclusion: Certain Creditors do use unethical means to cause prescription to run afresh

24. Extinctive prescription can only be claimed in a court of law

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree : 446 14 %
    2. Agree :
    3. Disagree :
    4. Strongly agree : 2640 86%

25. Extinctive prescription can be claimed directly from the creditor

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree : 2640 86%
    2. Agree :
    3. Disagree :
    4. Strongly agree : 446 14 %
    26. After having studied the posts on extinctive prescription on TheForumSa I feel confident that I do have other debts that I can have extinguished by invoking the Prescription Act
    Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree : 126 4%
    2. Agree :
    3. Disagree :
    4. Strongly agree : 2960 96%
    Conclusion: The internet in particular online forums, especially The Forum Sa, is a powerful tool for helping people in real time
    27. I have used your precedent/template and covering letter(that you have made freely available on TFSA) and served this on the creditor and/or his attorney by email and registered mail or by email and personal service

Yes. No.
    Single select Yes/No Yes 2543 82% No 543 18%
    Conclusion: The internet in particular online forums, especially The Forum Sa, is a powerful tool for helping people in real time
    28. The individual I dealt with at the bank, financial institution or creditor understood the nature of my claim, processed my claim and confirmed this on a signed letterhead

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree : 1341 44%
    2. Agree :
    3. Disagree :
    4. Strongly agree : 1745 56%

Conclusion: Many financial institutions and major retailers don’t have rules, regulations, policy and procedure in place to process extinctive prescription claims

Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    29. What do you understand by the following(please select one option, a, b, or c)
    “Extinction of debts by prescription a debt shall be extinguished by prescription after the lapse of the period which in terms of the relevant law applies in respect of the prescription of such debt. The periods of prescription of debts shall be the following:save where an Act of Parliament provides otherwise, three years in respect of any other debt.”

a. Extinctive prescription takes place automatically

b. I have to claim extinctive prescription from the creditor

c. I can only raise prescription as a defence in a court of law

Single select Multiple-choice a.Extinctive prescription takes place automatically 54 2%

b.I have to claim extinctive prescription from the creditor 1800 58%

c.I can only raise prescription as a defence in a court of law 1232 40%

Conclusion: Despite the strong effect of extinctive prescription creditors are not precluded lawfully from collecting the debt, the only real way a debtor can get legal certainty is to invoke extinctive prescription

30. There should be laws in place which force creditors to have policy documents on extinctive prescription claims

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree : 126 4%
    2. Agree :
    3. Disagree :
    4. Strongly agree : 2960 96%
    The following statements apply to a debt which you have. You are now aware that this debt is eligible for extinctive prescription. This type of debt becomes eligible for extinctive prescription after an uninterrupted period of 3 years has elapsed from the date of your last payment on this account. These debts include: Credit card debts, personal loan debts, vehicle finance debts, clothing account debts, furniture account debts. The creditors are banks, financial institutions and major creditors that sell goods on credit or offer finance. To agree with the following statements, this must not be a judgement debt, you must not have made any payment for a full 3 years from the date of the last payment and you must not have acknowledged debt in writing or telephonically
    31. I have a debt that is eligible for extinctive prescription with a bank

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree : 766 25%
    2. Agree :
    3. Disagree :
    4. Strongly agree : 2320 75%

32. I have a debt that is eligible for extinctive prescription with a major retailer

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree : 2506 81%
    2. Agree :
    3. Disagree :
    4. Strongly agree : 580 19%
    33. I have a debt that is eligible for extinctive prescription with a major telecom or cell phone provider

Rate items on a scale 1.Strongly disagree : 1890 61%
    2. Agree :
    3. Disagree :
    4. Strongly agree : 1196 39%

Click here
    sabbaticus

10. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (25-Nov-12)

Email problem
    Thanks
    hi Vanash can you please sent me you email, need some urgent advise
    Q

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast