Poll: Old School Music is cool

Page 2 of 171 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Old school music is cool!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    NO ONE can/will EVER replace ELvis.....Dont even say that...

2. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (31-Jan-13)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumbing Supplies View Post
    NO ONE can/will EVER replace ELvis.....Dont even say that...
    Suspicious minds; Elvis Presley: 1969

I hold Elvis Presley in high regard purely because he accepted the LORD as his saviour, despite hgis lifestyle, and released many gospel songs…My favourite Elvis Presley song remains suspicious minds

“We're caught in a trap
    I can't walk out
    Because I love you too much baby

Why can't you see
    What you're doin' to me
    When you don't believe a word I say?

We can't go on together
    With suspicious minds (Suspicious minds)
    And we can't build our dreams
    On suspicious minds

So, if an old friend I know
    Drops by to say hello
    Would I still see suspicion in your eyes?

Here we go again
    Askin' where I've been
    You can't see these tears are real
    I'm cryin' (Yes, I'm cryin')

We can't go on together
    With suspicious minds (Suspicious minds)
    And we can't build our dreams
    On suspicious minds

Oh let our love survive
    Ah dry the tears from your eyes
    Let's don't let a good thing die

When honey, you know
    I've never lied to you
    Mm, mm, mm, mm, mm
    Yeah, yeah

We're caught in a trap
    I can't walk out
    Because I love you too much baby

Why can't you see
    What you're doin' to me
    When you don't believe a word I say?

Now don't you know I'm
    Caught in a trap
    I can't walk out
    Because I love you too much baby”

“Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nora Jones - Turn me on

"http://youtu.be/uuTzxvid5VU"]http://youtu.be/uuTzxvid5VU[/URL]

Cool
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Feeling nostalgic tonight?

Bonnie Raitt & Norah Jones~Tennessee Waltz

http://youtu.be/zzDUi_L6MzA

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Volare. I remember the song from my childhood. I think my parents had the record (1958?).

7. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (09-Feb-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Here's and interesting combination of rock band and symphony orchestra; Concerto for band and orchestra by Deep Purple. Recorded at the Royal Albert Hall Sept 1969. Here is the second movement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEKF...eature=related

Awesome lead guitar. Interesting contest between the band and orchestra climaxing in harmony.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I always enjoy live music as there is an interaction between musician and audience. One can also appreciate virtuosity if they can play an instrument well, whether it be a violin, flute or rock guitar.

I therefore try my best to attend live performances and keep an open mind to experience new talent. We do not have to follow the rap crap trends from abroad.

Support your local artists!

Thanks
    I got these lyrics old school style! Despite extensive google searches I could not obtain the lyrics of Clarence carter’s “caught.” So, I done what I done when I was a kid and wanted lyrics, in the 80’s you had to play a tape cassette and write down the lyrics, pausing when necessaryI can safely say that this is a forumsa first. These lyrics appear nowhere online except here!. Well , with MP3, the process is similar : I present to you:

“I got caught making love to another man’s wife!”
    “ I want to do this next song especially for a young man, he used to come and see me when I came to Johannesburg. In fact last year, when I was here it came about 4 or 5 times.
    This year he came over the week before last but he hasn’t been over since.

And, today he called me and I asked him why he hasn’t been over.
    He said, “ I haven’t being well, I’m in the hospital.” I said, “well, what’s wrong with you?”
    He said, “ I have 3 ribs broken, I have a leg fracture.”And, he said his jaw wasn’t in a very good condition.
    I said, “ well, brother what happened to you?”
    He said, Clarence, I got caught making love to another man’s wife.

I went over to see my friend yesterday. His old lady told me he was gone away. She said she was burning with desire!!! She said, “ Clarence Carter.” I said, “ huh” “ can you put out my fire?”
    I got caught, caught, making love to another man’s wife! Yes, I did!
    She told me to step inside the door and then she reached over and turned the lights way down low and, before I knew what was going on she was in my arms!!!

I got caught, caught, making love to another man’s wife! Yes, I did!

Now, I know what I did was a shame but if I had a chance and I wasn’t in this hospital, I’d do it all over again!
    I had no business in that man’s house in the first place, that was his house, that was his wife and Clarence Carter had no business there!
    I only went there because she told me she had something on her mind and I wanted to help her get it off her mind, that’s all!
    You see, when I was a boy my mother told me to always be neighbourly!
    She told me that if I had some money and my neighbour needed to borrow some money then I should loan my neighbour some money;
    She told me that if my neighbour needed a ride to the doctor and he didn’t have a car, she said that I should take my car and give my neighbour a lift to the doctor.
    You know the things you learn as a child that’s what you do when you become an adult, so I thought if my neighbour’s wife needed a little help, I just thought that I’ll give my neighbour’s wife some help
    You see, all I was trying to do was to be neighbourly.
    Now you can understand why I was in that house, but when I got inside she told me to have a seat on the love seat, well, I sat down like she told me because I didn’t know what she had on her mind and while I was sitting there she brought me something to drink and I didn’t know what it was at first, but when I tasted it, I realised that she just brought me some mainstay.
    She knew I loved that mainstay
    You see that’s one thing about Clarence Carter, if there’s anything that you ever want me to do, give me some mainstay!
    But I still didn’t know what she had on her mind and after a while she went into the other room and when she came back, do you know, she had on nothing! She took it all off!
    And she sat down right besides me on the love seat
    Well, I just let her sit there because , I didn’t know what she had on her mind, and after a while she got tired of sitting there and she said, “ Clarence carter, I realise that you cannot see me so feel right here, and when I got through feeling where she showed me to feel and then she did something to me that I had never been done before. In fact I was surprised when she did it. I tell you I did not know that the woman in South Africa could do what she did but you know what she did, she reached down and took off my shoes.
    My conscience said, Clarence Carter, don’t you know that this is another man’s wife. The mainstays there and said, right on brother
    My conscience said, Clarence Carter, don’t you know that if that man catches you here, he’s going to beat the hell out of you, the mainstay said, right on brother. I was about to do what that mainstay told me to do until I heard that key in the door and I knew who it was so I come to tell you, I got caught making love to another man’s wife, YES I DID!

Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Holy Moly Vanash, that's quite an effort you put in there! I remember doing the same thing with my 7 single Teppaz Bambino record player; I'd play a bit, stop the player, write down the lyrics and do the same thing over and over again until the song was complete. Brings back memories.
    For me, the greatest Rock guitarist of all time was Jimi Hendrix. Man he didn't just play the guitar, he made love to it. He could play it with his teeth, his tongue, behind his back, above his head. He smashed it, burned it and jumped on it when he was spaced out. The closest anyone came to him was Jim Morrison of the Doors.
    Pity that the majority of Rock artists died because they overdosed. The latest casualties are Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston. George Michael, Mick Jagger and Boy George to name a few, are lucky they haven't gone the same way yet.

12. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (28-Oct-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Didditmiself View Post
    Holy Moly Vanash, that's quite an effort you put in there! I remember doing the same thing with my 7 single Teppaz Bambino record player; I'd play a bit, stop the player, write down the lyrics and do the same thing over and over again until the song was complete. Brings back memories.
    For me, the greatest Rock guitarist of all time was Jimi Hendrix. Man he didn't just play the guitar, he made love to it. He could play it with his teeth, his tongue, behind his back, above his head. He smashed it, burned it and jumped on it when he was spaced out. The closest anyone came to him was Jim Morrison of the Doors.
    Pity that the majority of Rock artists died because they overdosed.
    The latest casualties are Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston. George Michael, Mick Jagger and Boy George to name a few, are lucky they haven't gone the same way yet.
    A very good afternoon to you Didditmiself
    It a 'labour of love,' actually the real task was from another time! A time when we only had casssetes and vinly lp's. I can recall the task of trying to write down lyrics using the play and then pause button and if you didn't quite get it, the rewind button. With mp3, this task is so much easier!
    I hold Cliff Richard in high regard because he never used drugs, never promoted the use of drugs, he was never an alcoholic, he was never in the media for the wrong reasons, he never used a vulgar or swear word in any of his songs yet he sold more than 200 million records and he never made a fool of himself in public. He remains a good, clean role model.
    His songs by and large were love songs..he made his mark on mankind!!!

"Over a 54-year career, Richard has become a fixture of the British entertainment world, amassing many gold and platinum discs and awards, including three Brit awards and two Ivor Novello awards. He has had more than 130 singles, albums and EPs make the UK Top 20, more than any other artist[7] and holds the record (with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its first six decades (1950s–2000s). He has achieved 14 UK No. 1 singles (or 18, depending on the counting methodology) and is the only singer to have had a No. 1 single in the UK in six consecutive decades: the 1950s through to the 2000s (discounting digital downloads and counting only CDs, he had a UK No. 1 single in the 2000s)."[1]

[1] Vide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Richard. Accessed 28 October 2012
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 2 of 171 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast