Poll: Old School Music is cool

Page 117 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1753

Thread: Old school music is cool!

Thanks
    Oh! I love looking at another take-away, but I'm committed to a semi-healthy lifestyle, so I won't eat there.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

2. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (19-Nov-13)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    “Stir It Up" is a love song written by Bob Marley in 1967 for his wife Rita. It remains one of his most beautiful love songs! This video includes Marley uncut at his very best. The guitar work in this song is plain magic!

The music sheet for this song is attached for those of you who want to delve deeper into this particular song!
    Bob Marley was a true revolutionary living at a time of great civil strife in Jamaica, yet he chose to write some of the most beautiful love songs there is!

This song is a sheer experience, notice how all the band members contribute equally passionately. Remember, Peter Tosh, when asked if he wanted peace, said,

“I don’t want peace, I want freedom.” He too contributed to the Wailers love songs.

Mushy:
    The Wailers are as mushy as you can get, when asked why they call themselves the Wailers, they replied, “Because we cried so much in our lives!”

Bob Marley: Stir it up: 1976: Lyrics and Video

Stir it up; little darlin', stir it up. Come on, baby.
    Come on and stir it up: little darlin', stir it up. O-
    oh!

It's been a long, long time, yeah!
    (stir it, stir it, stir it together)

Since I got you on my mind. (ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh) Oh-oh!
    Now you are here (stir it, stir it, stir it together),
    I said,
    it's all clear
    To see what we can do, baby, (ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh)
    Just me and you

Come on and stir it up little darlin'!
    Stir it up; come on, baby!
    Come on and stir it up, yeah!
    Little darlin', stir it up! O-oh!

I'll push the wood (stir it, stir it, stir it
    together),
    then I blaze ya fire;
    Then I'll satisfy your heart's desire. (ooh-ooh-ooh-
    ooh)
    Said, I stir it every (stir it, stir it, stir it
    together),
    every minute:
    All you got to do, baby, (ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh) Is keep it in,

(Stir it up) Oh, little darlin',
    Stir it up; ..., baby!
    Come on and stir it up, oh-oh-oh!
    Little darlin', stir it up! Wo-oh! Mm, now, now.

Quench me when I'm thirsty;
    Come on and cool me down, baby, when I'm hot. (ooh-ooh-
    ooh-ooh)
    Your recipe is, - darlin' - is so tasty,
    When you show and stir your pot. (ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh)

So: stir it up, oh!
    Little darlin', stir it up; wo, now!
    Come on and stir it up, oh-ah!
    Little darlin', stir it up!

Oh, little darlin', stir it up. Come on, babe!
    Come on and stir it up, wo-o-a!
    Little darlin', stir it up! Stick with me, baby!
    Come on, come on and stir it up, oh-oh!
    Little darlin', stir it up.”

Last edited by Citizen X; 19-Nov-13 at 07:38 PM. Reason: font size
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    For a bit of balance lets show the other side of the coin.
    "Love Bites"
    If you've got love in your sights
    Watch out, love bites

When you make love, do you look in the mirror?
    Who do you think of, does he look like me?
    Do you tell lies and say that it's forever?
    Do you think twice, or just touch 'n' see?
    Ooh babe ooh yeah

When you're alone, do you let go?
    Are you wild 'n' willin' or is it just for show?
    Ooh c'mon

I don't wanna touch you too much baby
    'Cos making love to you might drive me crazy
    I know you think that love is the way you make it
    So I don't wanna be there when you decide to break it
    No!

Love bites, love bleeds
    It's bringin' me to my knees
    Love lives, love dies
    It's no surprise
    Love begs, love pleads
    It's what I need

When I'm with you are you somewhere else?
    Am I gettin' thru or do you please yourself?
    When you wake up will you walk out?
    It can't be love if you throw it about
    Ooh babe

I don't wanna touch you too much baby
    'Cos making love to you might drive me crazy

[Repeat Chorus]

[guitar solo]

Ooh yeah

[Repeat Bridge]

Love bites, love bleeds
    It's bringin' me to my knees
    Love lives, love dies

[Repeat Chorus]

If you've got love in your sights
    Watch out, love bites
    Yes it does
    It will be hell
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

5. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (19-Nov-13)

Thanks
    "Love bites," is still a love song A very good one at that..
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I really enjoy take away. Being married is like only ever eating take away from one restaurant. Sure you love that take-away and it’s your favourite that’s why you committed to that take- away. You happy to have it and it’s not bad, but it gets a bit too familiar and you know the menu from back to front. You try altering the menu from this one take-away so you can mix things up a bit, but it’s still the same take-away with a style of food that won’t really change. I am happy with my take-away I won’t go get it somewhere else, but sometimes I miss the old days where I had a choice of many take-away’s. I do get some attention from other take-away’s but I never order from the menu. Hey - I am being honest here. Don’t lie to me and say you don’t feel that feeling for other take-away’s (not that you would) but at least acknowledge the feeling.

I know I know Love Love Commitment. I am not challenging that. I am merely acknowledging the feeling we all have for some delicious new take-away.
    Viva....All men are dogs~! I know exactly where you're coming from. I feel that way 100% of the time. I'm tired of the same conversations, same old issues, fights, nonsense....same same....I want to have a couple of beers and simply have a bit of fun without all the associated mental baggage. It's not about take away's at all, it is about the excitement of going to the roadhouse and not knowing exactly what is going to happen...

Thanks

"Don't Think Twice It's All Right"
    Well, it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
    Even you don't know by now
    And it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
    It'll never do somehow

When your rooster crows at the break of dawn
    Look out your window, and I'll be gone
    You're the reason I'm a-traveling on
    But don't think twice, it's all right.

And It ain't no use in turning on your light, babe
    The light I never knowed
    And it ain't no use in turning on your light, babe
    I'm on the dark side of the road

But I wish there was somethin' you would do or say
    To try and make me change my mind and stay
    But we never did too much talking anyway

So It ain't no use in calling out my name, gal
    Like you never done before
    And It ain't no use in calling out my name, gal
    I can't hear you any more

I'm a-thinking and a-wonderin' walking down the road
    I once loved a woman, a child I am told
    I gave her my heart but she wanted my soul

So long honey, baby
    Where I'm bound, I can't tell
    Goodbye's too good a word, babe
    So I'll just say fare thee well

I ain't a-saying you treated me unkind
    You could have done better but I don't mind
    You just kinda wasted my precious time
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

9. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (19-Nov-13)

Thanks
    Bob Dylan sang literally for half a century. I love every single one of his songs. He's a very deep and philosophical man. This can be seen in many of his songs..
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Put that in your love pipe and smoke it. Bib Dylan describes in full lucidity what he felt- feels for this dame. A man that describes to me his utter love is a fool of love, no better fool than a fool in love. I admit that I am a sceptic. I am a sceptic concerning this "love" we all claim to have and commit to. Instead I choose to subscribe to reality. Don’t lie and say you favour one, when in fact you favour many. I challenge your false sense of respectability claiming you love one and no other. Love Love Love, beauty for the first 3 months, after that you have to stick to your belief or you may face social ridicule for stating your true harts desire. I am not talking about love phase 2 where we are, where we have mind f### ourselves despite our natural inclination. I am talking about nature...how we feel inside, how we lust, how we justify denial of that lust. As you read this you admit the truth, but at the same time you are building a counter argument to justify, for yourself, your position. Because admitting the truth will void your last X years of “love” what you know was at first true, but then this truth became a practicality.

These are my thoughts, I don’t go for other take-away’s, as easy as it may be. Yet I feel a responsibility to be true to myself and admit the legitimacy of my own desires.

Thanks
    Put that in your love pipe and smoke it. Bib Dylan describes in full lucidity what he felt- feels for this dame. A man that describes to me his utter love is a fool of love, no better fool than a fool in love. I admit that I am a sceptic. I am a sceptic concerning this "love" we all claim to have and commit to. Instead I choose to subscribe to reality. Don’t lie and say you favour one, when in fact you favour many. I challenge your false sense of respectability claiming you love one and no other. Love Love Love, beauty for the first 3 months, after that you have to stick to your belief or you may face social ridicule for stating your true harts desire. I am not talking about love phase 2 where we are, where we have mind f### ourselves despite our natural inclination. I am talking about nature...how we feel inside, how we lust, how we justify denial of that lust. As you read this you admit the truth, but at the same time you are building a counter argument to justify, for yourself, your position. Because admitting the truth will void your last X years of “love” what you know was at first true, but then this truth became a practicality.

These are my thoughts, I don’t go for other take-away’s, as easy as it may be. Yet I feel a responsibility to be true to myself and admit the legitimacy of my own desires.
    I wonder how Shakespeare would have responded to you had he been around

As you read this you admit the truth, but at the same time you are building a counter argument to justify, for yourself, your position
    A little presumptuous of you
    Last edited by Citizen X; 20-Nov-13 at 05:50 AM. Reason: typo
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    I am talking about nature...how we feel inside, how we lust, how we justify denial of that lust.
    Clarence Carter agrees with you!

Clarence Carter: I got caught:1975: Lyrics and Video

I got these lyrics old school style! Despite extensive google searches I could not obtain the lyrics of Clarence carter’s “caught.” So, I done what I done when I was a kid and wanted lyrics, in the 80’s you had to play a tape cassette and write down the lyrics, pausing when necessary. Of course MP3 makes this far easier..
    I can safely say that this is a TFSA first. These lyrics[still] appear nowhere online except here at TFSA!

Intro
    “ I want to do this next song especially for a young man, he used to come and see me when I came to Johannesburg. In fact last year, when I was here it came about 4 or 5 times.
    This year he came over the week before last but he hasn’t been over since.

And, today he called me and I asked him why he hasn’t been over.
    He said, “ I haven’t being well, I’m in the hospital.” I said, “well, what’s wrong with you?”
    He said, “ I have 3 ribs broken, I have a leg fracture.”And, he said his jaw wasn’t in a very good condition.
    I said, “ well, brother what happened to you?”
    He said, Clarence, I got caught making love to another man’s wife.

Actual song

I went over to see my friend yesterday. His old lady told me he was gone away. She said she was burning with desire!!! She said, “ Clarence Carter.” I said, “ huh” “ can you put out my fire?”
    I got caught, caught, making love to another man’s wife! Yes, I did!
    She told me to step inside the door and then she reached over and turned the lights way down low and, before I knew what was going on she was in my arms!!!

I got caught, caught, making love to another man’s wife! Yes, I did!

Now, I know what I did was a shame but if I had a chance and I wasn’t in this hospital, I’d do it all over again!
    I had no business in that man’s house in the first place, that was his house, that was his wife and Clarence Carter had no business there!
    I only went there because she told me she had something on her mind and I wanted to help her get it off her mind, that’s all!
    You see, when I was a boy my mother told me to always be neighbourly!
    She told me that if I had some money and my neighbour needed to borrow some money then I should loan my neighbour some money;
    She told me that if my neighbour needed a ride to the doctor and he didn’t have a car, she said that I should take my car and give my neighbour a lift to the doctor.
    You know the things you learn as a child that’s what you do when you become an adult, so I thought if my neighbour’s wife needed a little help, I just thought that I’ll give my neighbour’s wife some help
    You see, all I was trying to do was to be neighbourly.
    Now you can understand why I was in that house, but when I got inside she told me to have a seat on the love seat, well, I sat down like she told me because I didn’t know what she had on her mind and while I was sitting there she brought me something to drink and I didn’t know what it was at first, but when I tasted it, I realised that she just brought me some mainstay.
    She knew I loved that mainstay
    You see that’s one thing about Clarence Carter, if there’s anything that you ever want me to do, give me some mainstay!
    But I still didn’t know what she had on her mind and after a while she went into the other room and when she came back, do you know, she had on nothing! She took it all off!
    And she sat down right besides me on the love seat
    Well, I just let her sit there because , I didn’t know what she had on her mind, and after a while she got tired of sitting there and she said, “ Clarence carter, I realise that you cannot see me so feel right here, and when I got through feeling where she showed me to feel and then she did something to me that I had never been done before. In fact I was surprised when she did it. I tell you I did not know that the woman in South Africa could do what she did but you know what she did, she reached down and took off my shoes.
    My conscience said, Clarence Carter, don’t you know that this is another man’s wife. The mainstays there and said, right on brother

My conscience said, Clarence Carter, don’t you know that if that man catches you here, he’s going to beat the hell out of you, the mainstay said, right on brother. I was about to do what that mainstay told me to do until I heard that key in the door and I knew who it was so I come to tell you, I got caught making love to another man’s wife, YES I DID!
    Last edited by Citizen X; 20-Nov-13 at 07:25 PM.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

14. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (20-Nov-13)