Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Debt: Legally cancelling a debt over 3 years old

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sigh, you've done so much to make this a piece of cake for us, but I still feel swamped.
    Maybe there is an employment opportunity for someone in this forum to use your methods, and help all of us out with prescribed debt. I know I have a pile to finish off, and I just don't have the energy these days to get to it. And I realize that I will feel better once these fish-moths are out of the way; I believe they drain our energy with their pure negativity.
    Come on, someone out there wanna do some work? Vanash has laid down all the ground rules... I'm sure there is an opportunity here.
    ~Anything or anyone who does not bring you alive, is too small for you~ Carina
    ~The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you know nothing~ Carina
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

One Google Page Result away from being Famous

Thanks
    The more I think about it, the more I think it is a scam.

The lady that phoned me went to great lengths to make me think this is serious and that the call is recorded.
    Luckily she did not ask for identification to make sure it is me, by asking my id number, as I would have given it! As well as address and the usual 20 questions. Lesson learned, if they phone me, I will not give such info!
    The lady undertook to send me details of the issue, which she blatantly disregarded in the mail. The mail just had her contact details and the pdf attachment, nothing else, not even anything about the phone call.
    She could not give me any detail on the phone, not even a date and kept on saying she will take it up with the client.

The letter sounds like they just want you to admit something, to then make a case of it.

The emphasis is on signing a debit order to pay the amount off and to get a mandate out of me. That in itself seems odd?

I smell a rat....

Edit. And why will Telkom pursue such an old query that was sorted out years ago? They must be aware that it has expired?
    ~Expenses will eat you alive! - My first Boss~

Thanks
    [QUOTE=IMHO;84632]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    I doubt very much though that you have received a summons, I suspect that you have received a final demand letter(Can you clarify)

You are right. Pdf at this link
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wy...9VYVJlMHM/edit

How does this change your instructions, if at all?
    It doesn't, this is now in your favour, summons has not yet been sued out, you now need to beat them to this. Use the covering letter and extinctive prescription claim letter and proceed tomorrow ..Please keep us briefed..
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    I just noticed that the address they have for the CC on the letter is totally unknown to me. Must be the address of the original owner of the shelf CC I bought. Telkom definitely had the address where I still am.

What is the chances that this is a scam from someone having access to old Telkom data?
    Difficult to speculate, best practice, treat the threat as if it's real, you've got nothing to really lose by acting now rather than later..
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Damn. It is like Darkangelyaya says. It is not like I have the time for sh!t like this, nor the energy. Should I not contact Telkom tomorrow and find out if it is for real?

Thanks
    I found the prescription claim letter but not the cover letter?

The claim letter calls for dates, details and account number, which I do not have. I just know it could be in 2007 and I have the ref number on the e-mail. I do not even recall the telephone number of the shop.

Thanks
    Found the cover letter.

The covering letter(email)(You attach the modified extinctive prescription claim precedent/template)

Subject box: XYZ bank: Account number 123456: Id number: 0000000000

“Without prejudice and all rights reserved.”

1. I refer to the above matter and further to my attached extinctive prescription claim;
    2. I hereby serve my extinctive “PRESCRIPTION CLAIM” on you with regards to a XYZ Bank account ,
    3. In keeping with legislative requirements, industry generally accepted norms and good corporate governance, kindly process my extinctive prescription claim and confirm to writing on your signed letterhead that this debt is indeed prescribed and that your computer systems and credit bureaus have/will be updated accordingly with regards to this prescription claim.
    4. I submit that the standard manner in which a prescription claim is processed is as follows: The creditor establishes when the last payment was made. The debt then becomes due and payable a month later. Should a period of 3 years elapse from the date of the last payment the debtor becomes eligible for prescription. The creditor ascertains if the debtor is listed on XDS, Experian and Transunion ITC. The credit establishes whether any events to interrupt prescription has transpired such as actual payments or acknowledgement of debt. Should these exceptions not apply, the creditor then confirms in writing on their signed letterhead that the debt is indeed prescribed, that they have/will update all credit bureaus and furthermore that they abandon their claim on this matter;
    5. The last payment made on this account was on 30 July 2007, This debt became eligible for extinctive prescription on 30 July 2010 which I now formally claim.
    Kindly revert and please advise accordingly
    Kind regards,
    Jack The Ripper
    “Without prejudice and all rights reserved.”
    This poses another problem. I have no idea what the details and date of the last payment was...

Also, who do I address this to? Telkom or the SCAMMER?

Thanks
    Found the cover letter.

This poses another problem. I have no idea what the details and date of the last payment was...

Also, who do I address this to? Telkom or the SCAMMER?

Creditor Telkom and/or MMM, best practice, we not sure if they bought the debt from Telkom, remember to cc the ceo of Telkom and keep us posted..
    Click here
    sabbaticus

9. Thanks given for this post:

IMHO (22-Feb-13)

Thanks
    Ok, done. If you would like a copy, pm me your e-mail address.

Thanks
    Ok, done. If you would like a copy, pm me your e-mail address.
    will do!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast