I believe that if Eskom and the government work together, admit that they made a mess, and start being leaders, we can move through this energy crisis with only some minor bruises to our economy.
So I've compiled a list of the 7 best ways to stop load shedding. I believe that with some small and painless changes we can at least provide ourselves with enough breathing room to get through this crisis.
If you think this plan makes some sense, then please post about it on your blogs and websites! Let's try to spread a message that is understandable, and can get us out of our current predicament. Thanks
- Turn off the air conditioners
- Turn off your geyser
- Turn off your pool pump
- Turn off anything that consumes standby energy (TV's, DVD players, cell phone chargers, etc.)
- Switch to CFL and LED lights (and use fewer lights)
- Run appliances as late at night, or early in the morning as possible
- Use your computers in energy saving modes
Read the full blog post for all the details of how and why
Also, post your energy saving tips here on The Forum SA