Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
Right

Press say from what they have been able to ascertain, 150,000 have purchased tags, not 600,000. The bulk are Government departments and municipalities, etc.

As EACH gate you go under is a separate offence, it is estimated that they will have to take over 1.4m people to Court PER MONTH - at 15 minutes (minimum) PER HEARING. That is 350,000 HOURS of hearings in Court. As Courts work 6 hours per day (?) that represents 58,333 days - 159.82 years. Feasible? I do not think so.

CIVIL debt CANNOT end in a Criminal record. SANRAL is a private company, so actions are CIVIL, not Criminal.

You LEGALLY cannot be stopped by a private company for a private debt, or jailed for it.

Someone has not thought it through.

ETolling failed in Spain and USA because 19% and 23% of people did not pay. I think it will exceed 40% here - and they have said they need 90% payment to succeed.

In their dreams!
I think your post is the most damming one so far against the feasibility and ultimate adoption of E-Toll. If you are right I can’t for the life of me think it’s ever going to work.