Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Summons, notice of intention to defend and plea in practice

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by workshop View Post
    And that I must. What is next, after discovery docs have been lodged? Is there a manual I can follow? Does anyone run an online clinic?
    I’m afraid there’s no online clinic that I’m aware of that will give you step by step guidance!
    Based on the facts you present, after Discovery, pleadings close and the final document you should receive, should state ‘notice of set down,’ this simply means that a trial date has been set, the document will provide you with the time and court number

“Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Thx. Do you not think that there is need for, a demand for a paralegal clinic? I sure could use one. Your advise has helped considerably and I am sure there are many others who find themselves in the same position I am in.

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There is and always will be huge demand.
    The problem stems from how does the paralegal institute pay its way. Even if advice was dispensed at R250 an hour would people pay that, considering it is mere advice and will seldom bring a solution. I doubt it.
    A paralegal type structure could only guide a person, whereafter any court action still requires lawyers.
    Justice centres, NGOs and such receive funding from donors, they can only help so many people so they need to choose which cases most need help. The cases are normally filtered by virtue of public interest, human rights , children and such.
    Very few, if any will handle civil case.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (07-May-13)

Thanks
    There is a lot that could be done simply by organising and archiving information. Liquor licence applications for example. And what I was thinking of were students and layman who act as guides and mentors rather than experts. There are a lot of people who simply cannot afford the fees attorneys charge.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I recommend spending a morning or afternoon in court just watching proceedings. It can get quite interesting, and at least you won't be stumbling around blind when you have your moment in court.

You might even be able to tug on some sleeves for a little help and guidance with your case.

Thanks
    Am not looking forward to it. A bit like walking back in time and into a Charles Dickens novel.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I suppose I'd better get this off my chest, because I've certainly been thinking it. When I read:

Quote Originally Posted by workshop View Post
    I would just like to get to court and confirm for all concerned that I really don't like the Plaintiff and meant every word he is objecting to.
    I did think that it might be cheaper in the long run for you to hire a lawyer to represent you. Depends on the facts of the matter to some extent, I guess.

Anyhow, seems you're old and grumpy enough to know your own business and make up your own mind in these things

May you get a wise and reasonably sympathetic judge.

Thanks
    I don't trust the system

Our economy is in melt down, child molesters, rapists and murders walk free and I am afraid I am just no good at growing organic spinach and cabbages. But I am perfectly capable of defending myself and speaking my mind. And if the magistrate does not understand this I will have to think about cabbage farming as an alternative solution to the problems I create.

There comes a time when we need to call time-out. And if we don't start challenging the way things are, we are all going to end up neck deep in it. Plain and simple.

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I suppose I'd better get this off my chest, because I've certainly been thinking it. When I read:

I did think that it might be cheaper in the long run for you to hire a lawyer to represent you. Depends on the facts of the matter to some extent, I guess.

Anyhow, seems you're old and grumpy enough to know your own business and make up your own mind in these things

May you get a wise and reasonably sympathetic judge.
    I think we should be clear, the job is not to convince anyone, that you meant every word, defamation is about whether the complainant's reputation has been damaged by your words and/or actions and thats what needs to be proved/dispproved.

Litigating just to prove one really feels something may just lead to a punitive costs order.

With out all the facts, it may be somewhat presumptious, but this sounds like a squabble and a scrap that could have and may still be able to be resolved over a beer and an arm wrestle rather than in a court. [Probably much cheaper as well depending on one's capacity for consumption and the events that transpire form a night of revellery.]
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    Litigating just to prove one really feels something may just lead to a punitive costs order.
    It would certainly need a well planned argument in mitigation

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast