Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
What is a reasonable time to be kept on hold waiting for someone to take your call?

I tried calling the CIPC call centre yesterday, and after an hour of waiting for the call to be answered I gave up. It was just a small query – just making sure what seemed to be a glitch in their system wasn't going to bite me in the ass later.
I think anything beyond 6 rings is too long, but I'm fully aware that my view is not realistic. It infuriates me that businesses are forced to deal with an entity such as the CIPC and then they (Gov) make it difficult to do so. Surely the idea is to encourage business development and not frustrate owners and waste their time ? The same goes for entities such as SARS or municipalities where you again don't have much of an option.

Where there is a choice such as with the banks or the cell phone companies I feel less passionately about the matter. It remains frustrating, but you can move your business, lambaste them on hellopeter and basically cause a scene. Its admittedly still not a fair battle though.

A more realistic length of time for the CIPC would be 10-15min. I think an hour shows remarkable patience.