Thread: Wireless gate intercom

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Wireless gate intercom

I am looking for a wireless gate intercom which can be linked to camera mounted on the building.

Ring the gate buzzer, it must sound in the house and the outbuilding.

The owner and the tenant must be able to see the gate on the computer, phone or any other device.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Is WiFi available and in range of the gate?

The latest WiFi camera has intercom and picture accessible from a PC or Cell phone, which I bought from TakeALot for under R800
    The problem here is that there is no buzzer connection on the camera, and the camera does need a supply to operate.
    The Buzzer could be a wireless one with 2 receivers.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Is WiFi available and in range of the gate?

The latest WiFi camera has intercom and picture accessible from a PC or Cell phone, which I bought from TakeALot for under R800
    The problem here is that there is no buzzer connection on the camera, and the camera does need a supply to operate.
    The Buzzer could be a wireless one with 2 receivers.
    I have learnt that when it comes to wifi outside, the wind seems to "blow" the signal all over the place.

I use to install wifi smart lamps in the garden, after being burnt too many times, i no longer trust outdoor wifi.

I must also mention that we have been supplying a lot of wifi smart lamps, linking to wifi, grouping and scheduling, these things are not worth the hassle. I threw the one out my bed side lamp this week, after it started flashing. If you like tinkering with home assistant constantly having to reset, then its for you. I just want to switch on the light and it must work when I need it
    Last edited by Isetech; 13-Aug-22 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    I have learnt that when it comes to wifi outside, the wind seem to "blow" the signal all over the place.

I use to install wifi smart lamps in the garden, after being burnt too many times, i no longer trust outdoor wifi.

I must also mention that we have been supplying a lot of wifi smart lamps, linking to wifi, grouping and scheduling, these things are not worth the hassle. I threw the one out my bed side lamp week, after it started flashing. If you like tinkering with home assistant constantly having to reset, then its for you.
    My one works very well, it has a good SMPS supplying the electronics. Maybe the PSUs in the devices you use are sensitive to power variations or spikes. Again to make the product cheap, they use R/C components to reduce the supply voltage to the electronics, and then a spike comes along and overloads the electronics because the reactance of the capacitor changes.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za