Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 pandemic - I think SA has stuffed this one up.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Freedom of speech ... we lost that privilege many many years ago ... humans have become spineless cowards ... it makes it easier to lead the sheep.
    The problem with so-called "freedom of speech" is that it is simply a justification to whinge and whine without taking responsibility to remedy a situation. Some lead, some follow and the performative activists whinge and whine loudly on the fence.

Thanks
    Free speech cannot 'infringe on the rights of others.' Nobody here is rejecting the free speech of others. News organizations, governments, and politically bent social media are. As are those that cheer or make excuses for them.
    You have zero 'right' to be offended by speech of others. Zero.
    If you wish other people wouldn't express their opinions, remember something:

"First they came for the Jews
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
    and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left
    to speak out for me.

Martin Niemöller

3. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (18-Aug-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny-sign-guy-vince-rozmiarek-coverimage2.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	8259

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I see there is some hesitancy when it comes to vaccination. Here's a graphic demonstration of what that means.

Taken from Worldometer today, South Africa's new case rate graph is

Name:	SA-dailyNewCases.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	8268

and our death rate quite clearly shows a similar profile:

Name:	SA-dailyDeaths.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	8269

So let's take a look at a country where the vaccination rate is now pretty high - approaching "herd immunity".
    Such as the UK. Here's their new case rate graph:

Name:	UK-dailyNewCases.jpg 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	8270

Apart from having much higher infection rates, their profile is pretty similar to South Africa's - right down to the shape of the 3rd wave.
    And here is their death rate profile:

Name:	UK-dailyDeaths.jpg 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	8271

Just look at that 3rd wave death rate!!

Do your bit to get South Africa closer to herd immunity.
    Find you nearest vaccination site here: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/active-vaccination-sites/

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    By now it should be on your doorstep ... be it the rate the children are being sent home ... yesterday there was another call for parents to collect a grade ... the amount of people testing positive both customer and work colleges.

I am not a big fan of world meters and stuff ... I watch what is going on around me ... everyday more and more people are testing positive around me ... thankfully we havent had any deaths yet ... all the people have recovered ... Today it looks like another family will be going into 10 days quarantine.

What I am seeing is not just one person in the family testing positive ... it seems to be the entire family is getting sick.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My daughter's boss, a 35 year old lady, is really really sick now. My daughter says her 22 year old colleague is also not doing too well. Her parents are flying down to be with her - seems her dad is a big wheel in medicine. This stuff is really strange - the one lady in their group is about 70 and she is fine (She is extremely fit, coaches horse riding and spends most of her life outdoors)

I really wonder what is the genetic / health / medical reason behind who gets infected and who don't. Of course there are many studies being done to pinpoint this and hopefully some clever scientists figure it out.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I saw an article about a doctor using vitamin C straight into the veins ... once you get to ICU state they using steroids ... but once again there is so much bullshyte on the WWW ... who knows what we should believe.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I saw an article about a doctor using vitamin C straight into the veins ... once you get to ICU state they using steroids ... but once again there is so much bullshyte on the WWW ... who knows what we should believe.
    Vitamin C straight in the veins will kill you - Acetic Acid does not mix well with blood.

When we went for the Covid test the pharmacist said that he is not going to take a vaccine because he is taking Ivermectin. Last week my GP told me that a whole lot of people made themselves terribly ill because Ivermectin is THE main ingredient in animal deworming tablets - The knobheads take the deworming tablets that are meant for horses, cows, n sheep n stuff and they are too dumb too realize that a pill made for a horse is not suitable for a human (even if one ingredient is the same). The jury is still out on the effectiveness of Ivermectin as a preventative measure to Covid.

Thanks
    Lots of folks who aren't physicians or pharmacists telling what to believe. Interesting.
    Politicians telling us to take shots for political reasons. News commentators and social media pushing some party line.
    I think I'll make my own choices and talk to my own physician, thanks.
    Question those that tell us to not think for ourselves. And then, make your own decision.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerGreenP View Post
    Lots of folks who aren't physicians or pharmacists telling what to believe. Interesting.
    Politicians telling us to take shots for political reasons. News commentators and social media pushing some party line.
    I think I'll make my own choices and talk to my own physician, thanks.
    Question those that tell us to not think for ourselves. And then, make your own decision.
    Look hard enough and you will find reasons not to trust your doctor or pharmacist too

I support doing the research and making one's own decision. But be aware of human frailties such as confirmation bias when doing so.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast