Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Freedom for all in 1994 - Are we all really free?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yep tend to keep quite because either way it is taken as wrong.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    here's my take on employment - the world owes you nothing, adapt or die. It is up to the individual to position themselves to make a living through the use of their skills. if the market does not require your skills for whatever reason then it is up to the individual to develop skills suitable for the market. If the market requires panel beaters then become one, if the market requires typists then become one, the world will not make space for you, you have to carve your own niche!

Thanks
    So my suspicion that all the comments posted are not what the respondents "really" would like to say is confirmed, as they are trying to be politically correct and am I correct in saying "their comments are not truthful.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Because at the moment companies and company directors are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Ordinarily companies and their representatives should not risk offending anyone. Part of that is to steer clear of politics and politically sensitive issues (i.e. preferably say nothing at all, and if you have to say something, be as politically correct as possible).

Gets a bit tricky when being politically correct can be offensive to some, though.
    Dave, appreciate your response. It just confirms that all is not well in the business arena. I would like to know where "honesty", "fairness", etc. is practiced/applied in the workplace. The fact that not many are prepared to ask or discuss these issues makes it difficult to address the problems in the workplace. Is it then sound practice/procedure to mention the race of an applicant after 20 years of "freedom" and for how long will we have to do this?

Suspended
    Thanks
    There wasn't honesty and "fairness" 25 years ago ... It was if you were white you got the job.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    So my suspicion that all the comments posted are not what the respondents "really" would like to say is confirmed, as they are trying to be politically correct and am I correct in saying "their comments are not truthful.
    This is one of the most absurd things ever posted on this site. I understand why you can't find a job...I would never hire a person who considers the entire world to be wrong because nobody agrees with his views.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    This is one of the most absurd things ever posted on this site. I understand why you can't find a job...I would never hire a person who considers the entire world to be wrong because nobody agrees with his views.
    Adrian, I never once said that I wanted all to agree, but too see what the views are of others on the forum. I thought that this forum was a platform to discuss topics and in general understand the other person's views. All I am trying to bring across is that WE should not think that WE are correct and OTHERS are wrong. We are all entitled to our opinions and are those opinions actually what we believe in or are WE saying so to be either popular on the forum or try and be politically correct.

I never said the world was wrong but no-one gains to be an ostrich either and live in their own little world, the more people that participates in a constructive debate is healthy.

" I WOULD RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LOVED FOR WHO I AM NOT"

Adrian, if my post was so "absurd" why comment?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Adrian, I never once said that I wanted all to agree,
    No you didn't say so in so many words, but your responses show you don't like it if anyone disagrees with you.

Here is a typical example - you did not like what Adrian said.

Adrian, if my post was so "absurd" why comment?

Thanks
    HR, a very "grown up" response from an "educated" person. It is great to see what others think I'm trying to say. I still say that not many have the balls to say what they feel or think. I get the feeling that this forum is not what it appears to be so I will most likely not post any further comments.

Sad, but once again it is only MY opinion.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    HR, a very "grown up" response from an "educated" person. It is great to see what others think I'm trying to say. I still say that not many have the balls to say what they feel or think. I get the feeling that this forum is not what it appears to be so I will most likely not post any further comments.

Sad, but once again it is only MY opinion.
    Ok .... plenty of people have the "balls" to post on this forum ...... its the retaliation they don't like .....like your above ...
    It started with possible employers (interviewers) not seeing your "point of view" and ends with the forum members not having the balls to say what they want to you ...... some similarities there or what .......... but anyway cheers hey ......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast