A number of times we have been approached by staff requesting days off as sick leave, when we tell them it can only be taken when they are booked off by a doctor and can provide a written sick note from the doctor, they claim it is sick leave as they feel "tired".
One gentleman when refused a weeks sick leave got injured as he was kneeling down behind a vehicle and was bumped when he did not get out of the way. As he was not visible it was unavoidable. He then had a week off recovering from the bruising. He did provide a doctors note, we had to rush him there as an I.O.D.

Imagine the trouble we are in if everyone knows the are "entitled" to the sick leave even if they are not ill!

We had one employee who left us after a few months, at which time he had taken the full sick leave and family responsibilty entitlement.

30 days every 365 from the start of a three year cycle is unfair on the employer.
I feel that it should be the first two years of employment: 10 days per year, acculumlated to the third year, and then 30 days every 365 after a full three year service period.

I do know of some companies who pay a bonus when no sick leave is taken!
Yvonne