Quote Originally Posted by SoftDux-Rudi View Post
Is Linux an OS?
Linux, you and I both know Linux you more then what i do. But that is the thing isn't it. How many normal users will go for Linux? They know Microsoft have drivers for there printer, scanner and so on that will work with "most" windows OSs but Linux has a limited driver pool getting drivers for some USB/3G modems as example is near none-existent.

Would it be fair to the user to sell them a computer with an OS that is technically brilliant but practically useless? Sadly people want windows because they need it... Can they use Linux? Yes sure if you are willing to spend hours and hours on the phone with them...

I am not saying Linux is bad, i am saying majority users are used to Windows. Majority printers and other hardware has a intensive driver support for Windows. It is just how it is...

That said with windows 10 and there lack of privacy... The above will change dramatically and soon...But will it? Take Android it is a internet junky and yet everyone uses it... Now if you install an application see what it asked to access... You will be stupefied! Seriously might as well put your phone-book on every wall of every toilet in the country.