United Kingdom:

Hey there
Feeling your pain. They lost my papers 3 times. If you have your NVQ 3 in electrical from the UK then your all good, check out the link below from SAQA's web site.

http://qspe.saqa.org.za/showQualification.php?id=72051

To qualify as an electrician in the U.K. the learner must have the Electrotechnical Services NVQ at Level 3, which is awarded by City & Guilds (2356) and EMTA Awards Limited. As another option in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, an apprentice between the ages of 16-19 may sign up with an electrical contractor or building company. An alternative for those not eligible for apprenticeship or direct access into the NVQ is the City & Guilds (2330) Technical Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Levels 2 and 3 at a college. Graduates would then need to gain employment in the industry to complete the NVQ. These technical certificates would compare with the SA National certificates: Electrical Engineering Levels 2 & 3. The NVQ (Level 3) compares with the SA Level 4 qualification.

If you have the equivalent of an NQF 4 you don't need to do your trade test to when applying for your wiremans. Thats how i got mine. I didn't have my NVyou still have to do the sans 0142 exam and the unit standards for testing.