I have to confess that our company operates on a Pre-authorisation form, but this hardly has any "credit" information, other than contact details, and names of contact person for accounts. It is more a "provision of information" regarding the correct identification and instructing us to carry out the work.

We have discussed a specific "credit information" form taking all the requirements of the credit act into account, but so far have not done anything.
Due to the type of business we operate it is not feasible to do a credit check on a one off payment of approx R4,000. Where possible we attempt to get paid on completion. I was discussing this with our directors over the weekend, and came to the conclusion that we might be forced to make use of a credit bureau. I was told that they charge as much as 5% of total accounts receivable?
We don't clear that much profit on turnover as it is, and a price increase to cover any additional costs is not feasible.
So perhaps we have to accept the financial exposure! at this point we are not sure of the best course of action.

Yvonne Symons