Hi all,

So I've come across this lady, who works from home, and what she does is she gets leads for people who have their own business.

Example.....

I get clients by walk-in cold calls. Instead of this, I give her my target market, what I'm selling etc and she calls companies in the area that I want to target, and sets up meetings so I can go & do presentations to get the client.

She asks me a fee for the lead, not for closure on the lead. It's understandable as she has to make phone calls and this is obviously not cheap.

So now I have to let her know what I'm willing to pay for each lead she gets me. I've spoken to this lady on Skype, and she doesn't sound like someone from the Cape Flats. Excellent telephone manner. Good grammar.

Pro's:

I don't have to walk for hours handing out business cards to get leads
I can focus on other lead generating ideas & tactics while she calls for me.
She only calls the type of businesses I target. In this case, SME's.
I'm the only IT company she is calling for leads.

Con's:

Could work out expensive if I have to pay upfront for each lead with no guarentee of closure.
Don't really have a marketing budget.

She does ask qualifying questions to the company before getting me the meeting.

Do you currently have an IT guy?
Are you happy with your current IT company you use?
Are you looking to change to someone else?

etc etc

So that kinda puts me at ease that she won't just call random companies and setup bogus meetings just to get the fee paid upfront. BUT..... We don't live in a perfect world. It's possible.

Could you guys perhaps give me some advice please?

Should I say no & just tough it out on my own out there?
Should I try it for a month with her and see how it goes?
The fee paid upfront, how do I make sure it's a good lead so I don't pay for nothing.

Hope you guys can help me. It sounds good to me, but then again, there are more intelligent people on this forum than me. & more experienced with these kind of matters.

Thank you