After about six "unknown number" phone calls I just disconnected my phone and switched it off. Basically it is fast becoming the new SPAM. You get a phone call and when you answer it you open a can of worms.

Sales people that work with the fake holiday promotions are your basic unknown number user. Then you get your stalker and just your random kids having fun BS. The problem is your important phone calls are the first to suffer and secondly you end up speaking to someone that wants to get illegal access to your private information and bank details.

Now the fun part of this Post is that all our server providers will protect these people “criminals” but not you the victim. They cannot identify the Unknown Number “so I was told by MTN” and basically they have no way to stop this new from of SPAM. So once again the criminal is enjoying all the protection and us the honest user are not getting any protection or help at all.

No, we have to go to the police and make a case, and then that case will get lost on someone’s desk and if you are lucky, within a few years or months you will get some feedback from them. So as mobile users I have the right to block any hostile number or person trying to do me harm “or so I thought” But in truth; I have the right to shut the hell up and deal with the BS every single day.

I honestly think it is time for the law makers to take into consideration that systems like these is open to abuse and start planning on ways so that they can protect the public.