What a wake up call today, old VCR's, Pentax cameras and rotary dial telephones. Today made me realise I have finally reached that age, when you start telling your children about the good old days and have to explain what a fax machine was used for. Telling stories about how we use to listen to the radio before there was a TV is now just depressing.

It is sad to think I have been running my business for so long that a 286 computer and dot matrix printer was about to become a big hit, back when we still stood in a line at the bank to deposit cash and cheques. When a pager was a means to contact you urgently. When a mans word was worth more than a piece of paper and people had morals standards and integrity.

For the first time in my life, today I actually felt my age. I had a haircut and the floor was had more grey than brown hair, I had to cut the hair around my ears and soon start using Vaseline in my ears.

Working a 20 hour day have turned into 10 hour days with at least an hour rest or Loading a 500 m cable drum is better left for the younger lads. Now I have to be in bed by 10 otherwise I cant get out of bed at 4 am.

Just a a couple years ago, doing 5 days of high intensity training and clocking up 300-400 km on a bicycle was just part of my daily routine.