Welcome to the club, Duncan. Although as I recall at the time of the "bolt in the machine" you folk got whacked when the rest of the country was doing kinda OK.

Maybe Cape Town has been less affected than other parts of the country up to now due to the carrying capacity of the link between the Western Cape and the rest of the country. I'm afraid whilst Koeberg is on planned maintenance that weak link that saved you up until now is about to bite back.
Quote Originally Posted by dsd View Post
I think they look at a couple of factors when choosing how to shed the load, with factors including... who is affected,
Funny you should mention that. I've had three people in the last two days that reckon they've had minimal or no load shedding as a result of just who their neighbours on the same supply sub are. Hard to prove (or disprove) though.
Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Power cuts, interest rate hikes, oil prices on the increase, shortage of milk, bread prices increasing, and a host of other factors may soon push this country into a deep recession, which may last longer than a year.
I'm afraid so.