Hello!
I have a COC issue, I hope you can help! I read the very good post from Sparks on COC and I already found some answers but I would need a bit of guidance on the next steps...

My husband and I purchased a house from the 60s that needs a lot of renovation, leaking roof, old kitchen falling appart, old bathroom etc. The transfer was effective in March 2020. We moved in 5 days before lockdown and lived in until 1st of September 2020. We started our renovation 3 weeks ago and an electrician came in to give us a quote. He was shocked by the low quality and high risk of the installation and said that with a leaking roof it was a miracle that there was no accident yet...
I then noticed that the conveyancer did not send us the elecrical COC when I requested it on April 1st, (we did have the plumbing and borehole beetles ones) so I requested it and received it on September 21st
The wiring is poorly patched the system can barely handle pool, motor gate and lights and plugs are outdated, the elctrician gave more details on what is wrong and I can get the list here but my question is what recourse can I have?
The original quote is now 4x more expensive as we want to make it compliant...

At the moment I am :
verifying the electrician on the website eaiasa.co.za
I have put on hold the renovation of the house and taken pictures of the current installation

I understand that litigation must be dealt with the seller of the house but I am not sure how?

Please let me know your thoughts !

Many thanks !!