How do you go about telling a new customer that they have a really bad electrical installation without it sounding like you just want to make a pile of money.

I am in this situation... i have been doing a few small jobs for a customer and reached that point... it is time to get an inspection report done.

What i have been doing with new customers ...before i start working on a site i request the COC ...if there is no COC ...I get someone else to do an inspection report so that i have it on record that there are issues which require attention ...i dont tell the customer to fix everything at once (unless it is dangerous) ... but rather offer a quote to repair over a period of time.

I went through a stage where i just put blinkers on and did what i had to do knowing the chance of anyone actually taking action would be so small that I couldnt be bothered... do my job and who cares about the rest.

I have so busy and literally getting new customers by the day ...that is why i am sitting in my office at this hour ...working on a quote for a new customer (big job)