Hi I recently had to upgrade my whole network to Windows 10 PC's (had to replace all my computer equipment after a burglary in my office, thank you South Africa for making me part of the crime stats, I am honored).

I ran Windows 7 on most of my machines and noticed that specifically Pastel Payroll runs extremely faster on the Windows 7 machines than on my Windows 10 Laptop, best of all the Windows 7 machines are Core i3 machines with only 4GB of ram but my Laptop were a Dell i7 with 8GB of ram. Do note these machines were client PC's connecting to the Windows 7 machine where the Pastel Payroll server were installed. Even though all the machines connected to the Payroll DB over the network, the Windows 7 machines still outperformed the Windows 10 machine.

So now everything is on Windows 10, including the server and Pastel Payroll is terribly slow. So I am wondering, is there a 64bit version of Pervasive SQL Workgroup for Windows, because I only have the 32 bit version and can't find a download for the 64 bit version anywhere. Second thing, is there anything else I can do to make Payroll run faster, it is much faster running Pastel Payroll directly on the server. I can use remote Desktop and run it like that from the client PC's, but that is not ideal because then only one PC can run Payroll at a time. The server is an i5 with 8GB of RAM (the old server was a Pentium Dual Core also with 8GB of RAM, so basically the new machine is stronger than the old server and newer and faster RAM, so I am sure Windows 10 is the main culprit here)

I even ran Pastel Payroll in Windows 7 compatibility mode on the client PC's but no joy either... I have to be honest the backwards compatibility features of Windows 10 is just a gimmick and rarely works with any software from my experience...

Any advice would be appreciated.