Hello,

I've decided to make this a separate thread to my previous post (on pulling data from Pastel to Excel using VBA and ODBC connection). I now want to attempt the opposite: Sending updated stock values to the relevant pastel stock table.

Let me explain the WHY before I continue:
We have long lengths of timber in stock, but frequently (actually many times a day) have to cut long pieces up into shorter pieces which gets used in our products. This requires us to do inventory journals daily (taking long lengths out of stock and putting back shorter lengths and so on...) which is extremely tedious and time consuming in Pastel.

I would therefor like to do this inventory journal directly into the Pastel database using data from my picking slip. This will require a very careful and full understanding of which tables gets altered when running an inventory journal and then replicating (verry carefully and thoroughly off course!) the same process in VBA's SQL statements...

Questions:
1) Anyone here done something similar before?
2) How can I "audit" / "verify" which tables was updated in the database while running an inventory journal?

Again, as always, if there is a way more obvious way of handing a large amount of inventory journal items please share? (maybe a dedicated Pastel module which I'm unaware of? or an import function of sort?

thank you
PMH