I have a client who we are doing a commercial insatall for. They said they were buying a generator from a "proper generator supplier". I had already started to wire a sub DB (which covers a bar area in a restaurant, main board covers large commercial kitchen). Now they say they are only getting a single phase generator. I try and explain you can't just use any generator (centre tapped earths. V-O-V etc etc) . I wire the DB so the essential loads are in one phase (loads are minimal - led lights and a socket for the DJ) which is to be backed up.
Now the nice people at Ryobi have managed to convince them that the thing they bought (haven't seen it yet but I'm pretty sure its going to come in on wheels and have 2 x 16 amp sockets on it) will work fine. I have already told them I will refuse to connect that kind of generator. They say that's fine, someone else will.
Now I believe I have wired my change over as per the regs (4 pole change over and indicator lamps and everything). I have told them my C.o.c. will not include the generator unless it is the right type (neutral and earth connected at generator and earth spike installed).

What position does that leave me in. As long as I detail what's covered and what's not. I have no control what generator they connect after I'm gone.

Opinion?