Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Personally, I'd be quite interested in Rene's views on the issue of incorporating basic on-site SEO elements into web design. Is this something that is simply handed over to an SEO expert or should site designers be thinking about this?
I personally am very interested in any design company's response to this. Years ago SEO was a minor thing. You did your meta tags, description and page titles and all was well. My true objective for starting this thread is to get pointed in a direction to set minimum standards for products delivered by design companies and NOT to point fingers. Is it fair to state that W3C standards should be complied to? I personally feel that it is not always possible nor is it a requirement for SEO to work. Most SEO has moved to off-page factors instead and that certainly is not the responsibility of the design company.

My hat goes of to Rene for not leaving the comments made as just comments made, but to actually respond an stating her side of things. I hope Rene also sees RKS's comments in a positive way as he certainly didn't intend any personal attacks but rather commented on his observations.