On 14 July 2014 at about 07h33 I made a booking from China to SA. I saw the price as 8620 on the web site and booked the ticket. When I received the sms from FNB it showed R15,000.00. I as surprised and could not understand why.

Decided to call call centre after they open. Later when I checked ticket I sw price as CNY8620 and not ZAR. I called call centre and told them I made mistake and want to cancel. They said no problem but there is a cancellation fee of more than R3k that will apply. I told them no way, I saw the mistake and called them. They said they will see hat they can do.

I had to call them back each day for 4 days in a row and each day they gave me some bull story. I always thought Emirates were a professional airline but now I see they a bunch of crooks. After I purchased my ticket FNB's fraud line immediately called me so that I can confirm that I made the purchase. I can see why they are on FNB's fraud line list. Each time I phone you talk to another person, nether the same person.

Is Emirates immune to our new consumer act, is there no cooling off period for them?