Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Business Ideas 101

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The "I can do it" part is easy.....the "putting in the structure and keeping it in place" is the bit that trips me up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    3. Solar Panels
    Provide some form of solar power for homes.

4. Inverters
    One can use solar to charge battery and an inverter to power up house, a good future business to invest in.
    So the power problems have started and I predict will only get worse.

Thanks
    I have recently started up a business called Essential Technology Management Services. Its very new, beginning of the year. Our main focus is Generators, inverters and solar aswell as Lightning & surge protection, Rectifiers, Voltage Stabilizers, Harmonic filtration, clean power and renewable energy. At the moment my main focus has been the big business sector but I am definitely looking to branch out to smaller businesses and house holds. Any advice on doing this will be greatly appreciated.

Suspended
    Thanks
    True Entrepenuership is about solving poblems

Problems: is electicity, water, racism......could entreprenuership solve that somehow?

Suspended
    Thanks
    I would like to help you with this, could you PM me some more info, then I can get back to you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.D View Post

Problems: is electicity, water, racism......could entreprenuership solve that somehow?
    Entrepreneurship is seeing an opportunity and making that opportunity work for you. In some extreme cases it may be about solving problems, but mostly it is about creating a better product/service or making life easier for the consumer who pays for the product or service. As example; the cell phone changed how we communicate, just because of the convenience of being able to phone from anywhere. Having you phone in your pocket is convenience.

ATM's changed the way that we bank as the bank is now open 24/7. All successful products are about convenience to the consumer.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.D View Post

We have designed a product that allows you to read both your water and electricity consumption in your house. The municipality can read both in their offices. (they can also shut it down) This system solves many problems as it eliminates incorrect manual readings and gives both utility and consumer peace of mind. Billing can now be automated and the convenience of remote reading appeals to both consumer and utility.

I do not understand the racism part as racism is only found in politics. It is practiced by people who have hidden agendas in their hunger for power. That is why I do not like politicians. In business the colour of everyone's money is the same.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    before cellphone you had to find a pay phone, the problem was that people became tired and in an emergency it took quiet some time. Banks were closed early in the day and not open on Sunday's so people struggled to get their money when they needed it hence the ATM.

All businesses that innovate solve problems and those types are started by entrepreneurs (people who see a problem and then solve it all the while making a profit. Just starting a business anyone can do and their are a lot of people starting businesses but they are not all entrepreneur, some are just business people doing business, true entrepreneurs create value, and not just businesses. Or else every shop owner that sells cigarettes and sweets is a entrepreneur or if I see some one selling health products then I also start selling health products cause they making money am I an entrepreneur?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Racism is still a problem and it needs to be solved, it could make someone very rich the only question is how. racism is found in the common household and not in politics. corruption is the word I think you are refering to - hunger for power with a hidden agenda sounds more like corruption.

Thanks
    A large number of small businesses were started because the owner had to keep the wolf from the door after losing his/her job.
    The result is that a small % are very successful, some more make a living, some are slaves to their business and loose money and interest slowly, others pack it in when they get another job.
    For every one that falls off one end there are a number that climb aboard the other.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

11. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (07-Sep-15)

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast