One of my clients has approached me with an opportunity to make an additional bit of dosh - they have designed a paperless stock take system with asset tracking capabilities - the City of CPT currently use this system as do a host of other big name companies in SA and neighboring countries. This system also integrates into Pastel, Excel, etc.

Their branch in Gauteng does the majority of the sales while CPT office focuses more on the support side - the opportunity that has arisen is for me to act as a sales agent for them in return for a decent comm (my own business will continue trading as normal).

The cost of this system is reasonable and the company is very conscious of client services, they have also been in business for over 9 years - a reasonably safe bet in this day and age of flash in the pans and downright dodgy business practice.

I would like to gauge if there is potentially a market out there.

My question is to the business owners that have warehouses, maintain stock and store rooms -

1. What system do you currently use?
2. Are you satisfied that this system meets your needs?
3. What kind of industry are you?
4. What are the main features you would expect in a stock take and asset tracking system?
5. Would you consider introducing a new system?

All input will be greatly appreciated and I just know I will get straightforward and honest assessments from this group - that's why I'm posting this here