Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Inserting logo onto Pastel invoices

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Guys! Thankx a million, I have managed to insert my logo's, and sized them to where I wanted them to be, via Photoshop and Corel! I am very pleased! Just one more thing now - and please bear with the blonde ;0) - how and where do I save the 'new' document to, in order for it to be used next time I print Invoices...?

Regards
    Mariėtte

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixia View Post
    ...how and where do I save the 'new' document to, in order for it to be used next time I print Invoices...?
    Here is a paraphrased extract from Pastel's help file, which should be self-explanatory:

Besides the name of the file, the system also searches for file names in specific locations. This gives you additional flexibility if you are using more than one company:

• The system first searches the folder in which the company data resides. It looks for a customised file, in other words a file with an extension ENZ (in the case of English). The system looks for all variations of file names. If you wish to make a customisation for one company only, you should save the file in the company data folder.
    • If the file is not there, the system searches the CUSTOM\FORMS folder in the program directory for files with the extension ENZ. If you wish to use a customisation for every company in the system, except those companies that have their own ENZ files, you should save the file in this folder.
    • If this file is also not there, the system uses its own ENG file in the CUSTOM\FORMS directory.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Hi there I am new to this. I would like to know how I can add my company logo to Pastel MyInvoicing. I have read threads on how to add a logo to Pastel but I cannot get the form and design on my invoicing. Please assist. I cant even navigate to insert a picture.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gugu View Post
    I would like to know how I can add my company logo to Pastel MyInvoicing.
    Hi Gugu, I wish I could help you, but I am not at all familiar with the Pastel My Invoicing package (nor Pastel My Business).

I only consult for Pastel Xpress and Pastel Partner.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I want to know if it is at all possible to insert more than one logo on a pastel customer invoice. and if it is possible, to only select when it should be used? and if not how else can i do that. You see we are dealing through dealers for the hardware, but invoice the client directly for bandwidth - the dealers feel that we are confusing the customers by doing so... I NEED HELP before it gets to complicated.

Thanks
    Hi Cecilia,

Although it is possible to insert more than one logo on a customer invoice, that is not the way you should go about achieving your objective.

If you are familiar with the Forms Designer utility, simply create variations of your standard customer invoice layout, each with their respective logos, and save them with descriptive names.

When you have processed an invoice and you are ready to print it, you will see the following dialogue:

Tick the "Use custom layout" box and then browse for the relevant form file.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi there - still not sorted out - and was trowing in the towel. I thought the above stage is where is was making my mistake, because I managed to get my logo's inserted, and as far as I know my new Invoice was saved, but I never could figure out how to activate my 'new' stationery. I have tried the above - when I am processing my Invoice, but I do not get the "use custom layout" box to tick......so where am I going wrong??????

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixia View Post
    ...I do not get the "use custom layout" box to tick......so where am I going wrong??????
    Are you using Pastel Xpress by any chance? The above feature is only available in Pastel Partner.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Sorry for only replying now, but crazy this side....Yes I am using Pastel Xpress. Does this mean I cannot use my custom - documents at all, or that I just that I cannot activate them via this specific window (as obviously my version of Pastel does not have it)?
    If the latter is the case, where do I go to activate the new stationery?

Thanks
    I'm afraid Xpress will not allow you to access the custom documents at all.

However, there is a workaround that you can try, although it is a bit cumbersome.

I assume your main csdocsp.enz file resides in your company folder? If I am correct, then create sub-folders in your company folder, each named according to the various logos. Then save the relevant csdocsp.enz files into their respective folders. For example, the folder named Logo1 will contain the csdocsp.enz file that has logo1's picture in it, and the folder named Logo2 will contain the csdocsp.enz file that has logo2's picture in it, etc.

When you want to use the logo1 document, copy the csdocsp.enz file from the folder named Logo1 and paste it one level higher, into your company folder. Then, when you print a document, Pastel will use that form file. If you want to use the logo2 variation, simply substitute the file in your company folder with the one in your Logo2 folder.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast