I've never been involved in and I know nothing about MLM marketing apart from the fact that there are a lot of 'foolproof moneymaking systems' out there and that many of them turn out to be lemons or pyramid schemes.

I have a noob question regarding MLM marketing.

Everytime I want to find GENUINE info about an MLM scheme I use a search engine. Typing in just the name of the scheme invariably returns tens of thousand almost identical results, all of which have been posted by people trying to sell the scheme or people with a vested interest. Even the use of complex search operators often doesn't reveal genuine and IMPARTIAL info on these schemes.

I am looking for several impartial web sites where I can go to reference these schemes with respect to;
  1. Their legality (pyramid or not)
  2. Their viability (can money be made by the average Jo if he puts in the work)
  3. Their stability (are they run in a professional manner and how long are they likely to be around)
  4. The track record of the scheme management.

I would ideally like a mixture of official 'watchdog' type sites as well as sites run by MLM enthusiasts/gurus who might give some impartial and professional insight into the offerings available.