Quote Originally Posted by adele.strydom View Post

I don't have to sell you a product so that you can earn money. That's why most people join a network. They probably don't even like the product, but they join the network anyway in order to earn an extra income. I'm taking out the product, and still offering them a chance to make some extra money.
Adele - may I be Devil's advocate here? Making money from charity seems a little backward to me first of all and secondly - I can see how and why this system (albeit looking very pyramid like) may work but is it legal?

I must say I take umbridge to your statement above - not everyone that joins a network does it just for the money. Any system will work for someone whether it be a paying job or a MLM if they apply the right ethic and of course believe in the product. I would not have lasted 10 years in my field selling a product that I don't like or don't use. That alone would put someone's ethic under fire, yes?
There are three types of network marketers - those that ONLY sell product *(because they believe in it), those that sell the product (because they believe in it) and offer people the opportunity to do the same under their guidance (i.e. downline) and then there are those that are in it just to prove the system works - a system that would not work without a base line product.

I do not stand up for all MLM systems here because I know that some are pretty dodgey in their own right - however, to me it's all about ethic and how much of that is applied to a business, whether it be your own, one you get paid for or one you 'signed into'.