Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Outsurance

Thanks
    Hi

They may be good on some claims - but, bear in mind that their policy WORDINGS are more restricted than the "conventional" insurers. And it may cost you more when the deficiencies rear their heads.

Example was the guy who had break in in business.

Their wording says you MUST hire security guards until alarm fixed and premises secured - but they do not cover the costs. If this happens in December when everone closes can be costly exercise.

And they do have many similar limitations which others throw in.

Fine on a "small" claim - big ones can be NIGHTMARE!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi Phil - I am sure that is true on some cases but in mine they could have sent me from pillar to post looking for old invoices ect. They did not (I have been with them for just over 4 years with no claims) so that might have helped. broken into on a Saturday morning, the claim amount was in my account the following Sunday. They did not say once I need to up my security or try get out of it in any way, can honestly say they where brilliant to deal with. In fact the security company came in on the Monday morning and fitted a few more sensors at their expense. And the landlord chipped in with another security gate. Maybe the guys that are complaining are guys who have multiple claims?

Thanks

OUTSURANCE

That should be immaterial - if you have paid premiums, you should be able to claim.

The fact is that their policy is an entry level motor car version, whereas with other Insurers you get model with electric windows, airconditioning, etc.

BOTH get you from A to B - but the comfort differs.

I can email you some articles from Noseweek on how they handle claims - the files are too big to fit on here.

The trouble is, the shortfalls only become apparent when you have the BIG claim - and that is when you least can afford to discover the shortfalls!

You only need look at hellopeter.com to see the experiences of their clients!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's not just Outsurance that ducks claims on stuff you'd expect to be covered for at times - I'm watching a case that's going to court in Feb 2012 where Santam ducked the claim, and the cover was arranged through a broker who was well aware of the potential for the particular type of claim involved.

Thanks
    Im with Dave, Brokers have more of a personal touch, they are on your side.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.