Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Firefox browser has bad days...

Thanks
    This is not usually a Firefox only issue. If your connection is slow for some reason (or fast with tons of packet loses) then certain sites (Usually slow loading sites that do not have caching - Like FNB) will not load their style sheet. This is why all the content is there but the style is gone. Usually one would refresh and everything would be ok, however because you are on a banking site that does not allow auto-cashing and because you are using a browser that is fast the stylesheet has no time to load. Sometimes it tries to get the stylesheet faster that the slow site can produce it..... hope I made some sense
    Bryan Casson: SEO Expert & Owner of Casson Media
    "Google or Bing...... um what is Bing?"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    When FF fails to load the CSS file like that, try CTRL+F5 the page. This forces it to reload the site without the cache. I have experienced similar problems (not with TFSA) but nothing that doesn't come right after a refresh.

I've also just installed FireFox 4 RC, looks and feels good! I was just so damn sick of the FF 3 memory leak that I had to change!

No comments on IE9 just yet; I use WinXP on my laptop and, as we all probably know, M$ has decided to release IE9 for just Vista and Windows 7 despite the fact that half the worlds computers still run on XP.

Thanks
    The last time I used IE was version 6. I thought it was a pitiful browser and the security was horrific. I changed to FF the same year PC World rated Internet Explorer 6 the eighth worst tech product of all time. Nowadays FF's lack of stability is leaning me more and more in the direction of Opera. I'm just not keen on Opera's tabbing system.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I am using FireFox for the first time (writing this thread with it - FireFox 4)

The problem i have though is my McAfee siteadvisor don't work with it for some reason!

Did a few quick searches and it seems like its not compatible or something of that sort

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JWalker View Post
    Did a few quick searches and it seems like its not compatible or something of that sort
    I'm not sure if McAffee's worked in previous FF's. But FF4's been out for only a few weeks now - maybe they still have to update McAf.

I'm using Avast! instead, and they had an update about a month back which made them work in FF4RC, it works fine on my current FF4. I've had a situation of one other forum site getting blocked due to malware - it picked this up no problem at all.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Refresh 5x or upgrade your browser or delete cookies if you still got problems loading sites reinstall the browser and install it again. Hope it helps..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.