Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who should be the boss

Thanks
    Yeah - the best man for the job is a woman!

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Sex shouldn't matter (even though, apparently, it does). Leadership skills, inter-personal skills, conflict management and a solid understanding of where the business should be going (and how to get there) make up a good boss. If you're looking for something to change, it should be the backward mindsets of previous generations in the work place.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down Who should be the boss

If you're looking for something to change, it should be the backward mindsets of previous generations in the work place.
    Oh my oh my! This is probably one of the biggest of problems causing dysfunction on a massive scale particularly as regards macro management --- i.e, the assumption that "new is better" and previous approach is to be disdained.

Based on my own experience in 3 countries of our region, this culture is widespread, particularly as regards male bosses ... and it is an absolute killer. Out goes good old fashioned common sense, in comes all sorts of new fangled "strategies", heavily laced with a plethora of "buzz words" and "corporate speak".

Result = an incredible level and amount of activity, at huge expense ... with little tangible increase in productivity and/or client/customer benefit accruing.

This is now a pandemic! I could write a book on this. In fact I am trying to unearth the author of the Peter Principle so as to hopefully induce an update of this great work.

This, of cause, does not mean that change must not occur. It absolutely must. However it should always be founded on a platform of understanding and wisdom gleaned from proven experience. Hence the diamond hard adage - there is no substitute for experience.

So please, please, please delete the words "of previous generations" from your statement. "Backward mindsets" exist in every generation.
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If anything, the best person for any job is the person dedicated regardless of education, social stature and gender. If your drive is to succeed then you must be the boss.
    Last edited by tec0; 10-Jan-11 at 10:55 AM.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123