Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: drivers license renewal

Suspended
    Thanks
    R1000 cash to an inspector at a durban testing ground gaurentees your drivers license first time round...and believe me when i hear how many times these youngsters have to redo if they dont pay it...and the cost involved for lessons etc...it would be money well spent.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    A temp keeps you out of trouble, it helps with insurance? Why the hell would you want to save R70 knowing that it WILL help you?
    I wouldn't have a problem with paying R70 if it were me that was in error, but the thing is that the DOMV takes too long to process, therefore it is their error and they should be giving a temp at no charge. The cost should be recovered from the normal cost of licensing, which you pay for anyway.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks

LATE PENALTY

I applied for renewal and temp. licence 2 weeks back.

Strangely enough, NO penalty was imposed on me. I was past expiry (albeit by one day)!

The day before I went in I searched the internet. And left more confused than before.

Some sites said colour pictures. Some said B&W. The fees (and penalties, if any) differed from site to site....

In the end they TOLD me B&W (but used colour, as I took both with me)!

The worst hassle is to queue for the eye test. DO NOT waste your time getting one in advance - you have to sit anyway as the guys who do the eye tests (a) have to sign them off, and (b) do the fingerprinting and take the actual pictures that they use....

Best advice - get there 07h00 so you can get in ahead of the queues. Makes it (relatively) painless!

Suspended
    Thanks
    it is not a penalty...you have the choice to buy a temp or not...i chose not to as i feel this whole license renewal is a money making racket...the reason i was 1 day late was because mine expired on the sunday...i went in on the monday and applied to renew it...the joke is it take 8 weeks to get a new one...my question again is why dont they print them and supply the new one straight away...and dont tell me because of corruption or lack of skilled people then you gona just make me laugh...as your driver license is not seen as valid identification by the licensing department because of all the fraud as it is.

and there are plenty of skilled white people who would be capable of taking on the positions to improve the service and reduce the waiting period and ques...i noticed while renewing my license there was not one white male or female working in the entire building that i could see...talk about discrimination and bias employment....where is the equality.

Suspended
    Thanks
    well after a discussion last night with a mate...i decided the R77 and R25 for the 2 photos was a better option...

with the festive season upon us it is too risky to drive around without a vaild license...and i thought if i have an accident with the vehicle and boat on the back i would be down the tube for around a half a million rand...and we all know these insurance companies all tooo well...any excuse not to pay out.

so i did it this morning and now i am legal again

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    well after a discussion last night with a mate...i decided the R77 and R25 for the 2 photos was a better option...

with the festive season upon us it is too risky to drive around without a vaild license...and i thought if i have an accident with the vehicle and boat on the back i would be down the tube for around a half a million rand...and we all know these insurance companies all tooo well...any excuse not to pay out.

so i did it this morning and now i am legal again
    So it wasn't that painful after all
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    the fact that i had to return to my office to collect my ID because they dont accept your drivers license as a form of identification(joke) meant it took 1 hour instead of 1/2 an hour...anyway it is done...one less thing to worry about over christmas.

people say but its just a license and hour of your time...it not that simple every year there is a whole pile of renewals....fishing licenses...boat cof...wild card...vehicle...license x 3...fising ski...annual memebrship renewals...it just goes on and on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12