Hi,

I worked with a company who dismissed me unfairly. There were also a number of other illegal deductions made one of which was the non transfer of my pension fund to the fund. It took almost a year just to get paid my provident fund back. After I won the case at the CCMA and the appeals were dismissed, the company the applied for the labour court to review the case on 28 MARCH 2011. I opposed it and have labour lawyers looking into the process to speed it up. While trying to collect the illegal deductions the company gave a letter to the sheriff stating they had liquidated the company in APRIL 2011 and transferred assets to a new company and the sheriff had no right to collect any of the assets. In terms of the dismissal case the award is substantial and with interest is already in the region of R250K. While the case might be in review at the labour court, from your posts it appears that I should have been kept abreast of matters and that the transfer of assets is a ploy to avoid paying up. Unfortunately I have also since found out the company owes many other company vast sums of money.

How do I go forward form here. Is there anyone in specific I can report the matter to?
Can I have them investigated. Fortunately I am working and financially able to take the matter further. I would also like to know if I have to incur legal cost can it then be added to what they already owe me to pay back? I believe they are being criminal and it all looks very orchestrated and while I would love to see the owner safely behind bars where he can't destroy people lives anymore, I'd be happy just to collect the money and move on. Unfortunately the owner has quite a reputation already, I only found out too late. This may also not be the first time this has happened. The company ran under a different name before and went through similar problems, I don't know the detail.