Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How can I verify my electricity meter ?

Suspended
    Thanks
    pity you arent in durban i could have set up a recorder and done all the checks for you and supplied you with an accurate meter....

there must be a sparky up there who can advise you on these issues.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    there must be a sparky up there who can advise you on these issues.
    I have contacted the owner of the building who is sending the sparky that did the job to come and check. ( and also install the second meter )
    So....it is wait and see !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    On the same issue:

Does anybody know what the code is to enter into a prepaid meter to display the total amount of units used since installation ?
    There isn't usually a code as such, depending on the make and model of meter you can often access this info by just scrolling through the display with the up/down buttons. It's possible to program most meters to determine what is available on the display, sometimes they are set not to show anything but the meter id code and the most recent consumption and that way they avoid confusing the meter reader. If this is the case you need an opto-coupler any an ORBIS compliant application to download the info to a laptop assuming they haven't password protected it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    I have been monitoring the unit and no matter what voltage setting I set it to, I do not even remotely get the same reading as on the pre-paid meter so I am going to have a proper meter installed in the DB.......
    I've checked dozens and dozens of CT metering devices of many different ages and manufacturers and I can say I haven't ever found a metering unit that was inaccurate by more than 2 or 3 percent during a calibration test. That said I have found way too many that aren't operating correctly because of installation errors such as incorrectly installed CT's and incorrect parameter settings. The most common error I have encountered is incorrect settings for the CT ratios in the meter software. Sometimes these errors work in the customers favour, sometimes not.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Martinco (08-Nov-10)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123