Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dropship, the power seller's secret---Store owners must see

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    It's the tax angles on this that you raise (and they seem absolutely valid concerns) that I see as the challenge that really complicates things at this point.
    Dave, quite right..............I have done some importing from China previously direct from the manufacturer. When I ordered the samples, these came in by courier and being only 4 items it was fairly painless. I paid the courier the import charges being duty and VAT.
    But when I ordered 50 units of the item I had to import via a clearing agent and had to supply my importers number for clearing purposes. Further if the amount exceeds ( I think R 50,000 or R 100,000 ) you have to complete a F178 document for the bank . ( I am not sure about the Paypal route )
    So I say again, if it is for 1 or 2 items at a time I do not see a problem but if you want to make a living from this and do reselling, you have to do some homework first.
    Further, if everyone on this forum starts buying from Robinson ( and from his website ) the one's and two's , is there still a place in the sun for the reseller ?
    With all respect to Robinson's effort........there are so many websites out there with similar goods that you simply order and it gets sent to your address all charges included that one wonders if this plane will fly the way it is pictured !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

2. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (14-Oct-10)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Martinco - I dig your car. You must know Kevin Terry!
    Thanks..............built it myself. This is the second one and this time I built it the way I wanted it.
    Being out in the sticks, I do not see all the club members. Does Kevin belong to the Cobra Club ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

4. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (14-Oct-10)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You must send me some pictures of the car, it sure looks good in that little pic.

Kevin lives in Rustenburg, his one of the directors of TechNorth. They supply plastic pipe n stuff to the mines.

6. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (14-Oct-10)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    @RobinsonWang - The text that you quoted is for you, you are DuDuTa China's customer and the South African buyer is your customer. You are responsible for all the issues documented in that text, not your customer.

I think that you do not fully understand how Drop Shipping works!
    Thanks adrianh!
    For the quote, I can learn it easy and I can correct it now.
    But for the dropship, I am just at the starting line and I am learning from all of you.

Thanks, but I would say the lack of understanding of dropshipping is only me, not my company or my boss. They know what is dropship, they know how to do dropship,trust them. And I am trying hard to follow your speed on this topic with the google translator.

Thanks
    Maybe you should answer Adrian in cantonese and let him do the translation I suspect this is where a lot of 'Chinglish' is born.

There was a member(can't remember his name; Dave perhaps you can help here) who did import and export, maybe you can use them as a conduit.

I would like this to work seamlessly, I need a product from China, Robinson sources it for me for a commission, ships it through a friendly local agent for a fee and we have a product at a competetive price without having to order a container load at a time.
    Obviously if the product, whatever it is, proves itself we can order containerloads later.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

9. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (15-Oct-10)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @wynn - good one.

@Robinson - we all have a lot to learn from each other.

11. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (15-Oct-10)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Maybe you should answer Adrian in cantonese and let him do the translation I suspect this is where a lot of 'Chinglish' is born.
    谢谢,wynn
    你说的太对了,what you are talking about can not be more correct. I would like to type in chinese here, but you would use the google translator for help or i would be banned because of the speaking of chinese here.

but finally I would say 谢谢,MY朋友。

Seriously, the way you imagined is right. If you do have a need of one product from our website, you can place an order there and then our Customer Service Representative will talk to you about the goods.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave
    I think that's not quite true - what they are doing is classic drop shipping if you're in China. And I'm guessing they're looking to expand into foreign markets (which makes a lot of sense given China's current competitive advantage in manufacturing).

The challenge as I see it is to maintain the ideal drop ship model in a foreign country, you need to establish a warehouse in the foreign market. And it would really help to build some volume first to help justify that.

Now how do you bridge through this stage?
    Thanks Dave!
    Thanks for the explanation for dropship which is also our ideal drop ship model.

First, to establish a warehouse in a foreign market is not available at this moment.
    This can not be done in a short time, and it also depends on the developing of our site. Now to have a warehouse in South Africa is not available. In my understanding, what we can earn is only just from the cutting down of storage.

Second, to find a cooperator is not easy.
    The trusting is the most concern thing between we and our potential cooperator. They will look at what is duduta,how is duduta working , how much they can benifit from duduta, and how many they can trust dudu. And at the same time, we would try to learn more the potential guys(though we didn't get any potentials)about their abilities, their identity, and their integrity。

I was frastrated last wensday by the posts here, I don't how to reply cause I worry too much of my answering. I try to make my answer to get close to the correct one. Finally I realized this is forum but not the answer of a email or some academic report. I take it seriously with my respest of all of you, and I believe you all are kind and considerable. So I answer this question followed my understanding. Especially to Dave, many times you have answered and explained the doubt, 谢谢。

谢谢大家!Thanks to all of you. I am here learning and I allow myself to make some mistakes and I request myself to correct immidately when I realized.

forgiveness is the greatest of virtues!

Thanks all!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My thanks to you, Robinson. I have learnt a lot in this exchange too. Perhaps we all have.

Also in talking honestly about the problems, we learn how to beat the obstacles and use the opportunities.

15. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (15-Oct-10)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Robinson, I spoke harshly to you and I apologize.

17. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (18-Oct-10)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.