Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Advice

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I keep coming back to this thread hoping to see a happy ending......
    AndyD, I have the best ending, I got to spend quality time with my family. I had never realised just how much I neglected them for the sake of work

As to the company , we have parted ways but not finished with each other. I agree with what you guys said.I probably went in too aggressively and demanded immediate change rather than a gradual turnover. However the intimidation and victimisation that arose kind of closed the door to any form of reasonable compromise. I will post details of the case as soon as its public.
    Bruce

2. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (19-Oct-10), Dave A (15-Oct-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    i wish you luck and hope you find something soon...

i had a feeling this was gona be the outcome...been there done that...been bullied by companies even as the owner of my bussiness.

thats why i have learnt to put blinkers on and do what makes money to look after my family...everything else is not worth the hassle anymore.

until the dol actually get out and take control of their responsibilty you are fighting a loosing battle.

isolating illegal connection and unsafe installations should be the electricity suppliers responsibility not electrical contractors...we dont have the backing of an authourity big enough to take on the challenge...or law suit you will be faced with if you cause loss of income or damage to equipment resulting from isolating a companies power supply.

its hard enoug trying to get information regarding the sabs book imagine trying to fight a law suit...its not worth the hassle.

the only way this industry will start heading in the right direction is if a factory catches on fire and burns all the people to death inside the factory maybe that would cause a big enough stir to make someone in the dol realise there is a problem in the industry....something like this miner issue...now suddenly every one is all over the mines like a bad rash...unions etc...until it blows over then it will be back to bussiness as usual...

very sad but i have been in this industry for almost 30 years and all i can see is it getting worse...i heard a couple of weeks ago about dol members going around to companies and checking safety etc but even thats cgone quiet

i dont know why i even waste my time writting these threads...oh well at least i get it off my chest...i put a stronger door on my office so i cant punch holes thru it anymore....it saves my fingers typing

Thanks
    Don't despair at the end of the day it is not worth it ,like you said the main thing is to look after your family.and you cant do that if you mess your health up trying to correct the wrongs of the corrupt,inefficient and for want of a better description, incompetent, system
    Mike

Suspended
    Thanks
    i heard today on the radio they are cracking down on contractors in toti....my question is what about the rest of the country...and will they do follow up inspections...they seem to come out guns blazing then you dont hear anything for months even years then suddenly they do a swoop again...whipy doooo daaa.

Thanks
    I take my hat off to Greasemonkey. He stood his ground and did the right thing. He will get his due recognition eventually. There are people who would rather employ him above a chancer who willy nilly signs off installations. Had he signed off and something went wrong he would be held liable and the company would turn their back on him. Afterall, he is the "Accredited" one. You can walk proud Greasemonkey. I salute you and so do all who care about other peoples lives. The Lord will Bless you for your righteousness. You were paid to learn the right way and by doing it you have proven yourself to be a worthy man.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345